Besides your body, what els are you self concious about?

Options

Replies

• Beaupeep
    Beaupeep Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My nose. I had skin cancer and had to have it reconstructed using the frown lines between my eyebrows from my forehead. So there is a scar on my nose but the good side is that I have NO wrinkles on my forehead at age 57!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The bags under my eyes. They are genetic, I think. I've tried all kinds of creams, drinking water, tea bags....they are always there. Aside from that I feel I am pretty (usually, unless I'm having a bad day! lol, toot my own horn a bit!). Eventually I will get the surgery to get rid of them, when I can save up the money.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My hair! Its a big BUSH!!!

LOL.......the hair on your head...right?
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    PCOS side effects - losing hair on my head and growing hair on my face ..

DAMN you PCOS! :(
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have had several operations and LOTS of scars as a result from them. We aren't talking tiny either. The exploratory one from chest plate to pelvic bone is the worse. You would think that this scars would give me strength from what I have recovered from.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm shy to the point where some people actually think I'm a really big b*tch :( Trying to work on that too, easier said than done though :(

I can Sooo relate to this.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    PCOS side effects.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    PCOS side effects - losing hair on my head and growing hair on my face ..

DAMN you PCOS! :(

OMG, this^^^..and the fun acne that seems to be popping up! I can't fight wrinkles and acne at the same time, it isn't fair!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm so self conscious about my teeth. One kind of goes behind the others and tend to look in pictures like I don't have a tooth. I had braces as a child and stop wearing my retainer. I am currently wearing braces again (been a month and a half) and now I am SOOOOO self conscious about the braces. I know it will be worth it though!
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My voice I used to have a "friend" who constantly said I had a lisp and a man's voice so I'm now quite cincuous! Oh and my bad Austin powers teeth!

I'm also very self cincuous around women as I don't wear makeup or anything girly
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Dry skin.... I have horribly dry skin.

I am also VERY shy, which makes me pretty socially awkward.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Everything
    Self conscious?! Yeah, you can be that about anything..............so..............everything!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    My over-bite... my dad used to call me "bucky"...nice guy...lol

Luckily, my face grew into my teeth and it's not so bad now...sorta..
  • ljholmann
    Options
    Aside from my body, of course, I would say my height, my freckles, my smile lines, the gray hairs that are slipping in when my roots need to be re-highlighted.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My hearing. I know people are going to see that and think huh?!

I am completley deaf in my right ear and partially deaf in my left. And to make matters worse I have a cyst that has developed in my left ear that is completley supressing my ear drum. Traditional hearing devices do not work for me. I have one but its not as effective as it could be. I get so nervous around people because I don't hear well and can't participate in conversations the way I would like. I read lips pretty well but then I feel like people notice and think I am crazy for looking at their mouth more often than making eye contact....Luckily I work nights and for the most part and don't have to deal with alot of people that way, the ones I do are family :) my fiancee and my sister both work for the same company. Thank God or I probably would not be able to work at all.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options

I am completley deaf in my right ear and partially deaf in my left. And to make matters worse I have a cyst that has developed in my left ear that is completley supressing my ear drum. Traditional hearing devices do not work for me. I have one but its not as effective as it could be. I get so nervous around people because I don't hear well and can't participate in conversations the way I would like. I read lips pretty well but then I feel like people notice and think I am crazy for looking at their mouth more often than making eye contact....Luckily I work nights and for the most part and don't have to deal with alot of people that way, the ones I do are family :) my fiancee and my sister both work for the same company. Thank God or I probably would not be able to work at all.
    My husband has 60% hearing loss. He is not interested in a hearing aid. He's also painfully shy. I don't think the two are related, since the hearing loss came later in life. I'm so used to repeating things for him and knowing that "look" he gives me when he didn't hear what someone just said.
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The fact that I'm balding and my beard is 50% gray already, and I'm not even 32 yet. :sad:

Damn family genetics!

TELL ME ABOUT IT. :sad:

I have had gray hair for a long time and my father started going grey at 17...I got my coarse, thick, graying hair from my dad. Thank's dad! :drinker:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

My mom is pretty much completely deaf now, she used to have some hearing in her left ear but through time it has degraded and not interested in hearing devices. I have seen her struggle with conversations, and she is very much an introvert because she doesn't want to "look stupid" if she has to ask someone to repeat what they said. When I was younger it came in handy because if I wanted to be a brat I would wait until she turned around so she couldn't hear what I was saying lol. Now though when we are out she has a look she gives me when she didn't hear someone or she cant see their lips, I can repeat it for her and then she can answer them.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    my teeth!!

I had braces as a teen but I stopped wearing my retainer because it'd cause pain. My teeth sorta shifted a bit.. I always get complimented on my smile but my teeth need some fixing. (I just hate anything dentist related)

ME TOO!!

I feel like mine shifted back completely, but everyone says they look the same. I cover my mouth when I laugh, and never show my teeth when smiling for pictures. I paid out of pocket for my own braces when I was 16...and in the past 2 years have been to 3 different orthodontists hoping they wouldn't make me pay another $4000 for braces all over again :(
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My acne :-(

This.. no matter how good my body image is or how pretty I am, it is ruined by bad skin and Im almost 30 with no sign of it going away. curses.