Can't Lose

Options
I can gain all day long and never loose. I work in consumer care 8hrs day sitting, and in school 2-3 nights a week for 3hrs once again sitting. I intake about 1200cal a day and try to jump rope for exercise a few times a week. The calorie intake for me says I am not taking in enough but I don't do enough during a day to burn any calories either. Any suggestions??

BF - Special K w/ Almond Milk
L - Normally something like a 6in sub ham or turkey, or weight watchers ziti meal
D - Can very...
Snacks - pnuts, chex mix, rice crackers.

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruits and veggies.. drink more water. By the quick meal plan you wrote you ingest a lot of sodium.

What are your calorie goals set up by MFP? How many do you eat in a day? What other exercise do you do? If you're diary was open it'd be a lot easier to help.
  • Amandarbeebe
    Options
    I open my diary - for exercise I also do a cardio bike and elliptical machine. However, I get a better workout with jump rope 100 cal in 10min.
  • JanaB2011
    Options
    I am having the same issues. Started about 3 weeks ago. I am doing the ellipitcal 5 days a week between 20-30 minutes. Depending how much time I have. I always stay below my daily intake as well.

Breakfast - egg beaters, jimmy dean lean turkey sausage and toast
    Lunch - a lean meat with broccoli or some veggie. Fruit
    Dinner - this is my bigger meal, but it is a very balanced meal.
    Snacks - typically a cheese stick and fruit.
    Bedtime snack - This is when I save my special treat. Either hot chocolate with 100 cal pack of lorna doone cookies or something along that lines.

I did Weight Watchers for almost 8 years. So, I know the importance of eating a balanced meal.
    Just getting very frustrated myself.
  • mlr020556
    Options
    I can gain all day long and never loose. I work in consumer care 8hrs day sitting, and in school 2-3 nights a week for 3hrs once again sitting. I intake about 1200cal a day and try to jump rope for exercise a few times a week. The calorie intake for me says I am not taking in enough but I don't do enough during a day to burn any calories either. Any suggestions??

BF - Special K w/ Almond Milk
    L - Normally something like a 6in sub ham or turkey, or weight watchers ziti meal
    D - Can very...
    Snacks - pnuts, chex mix, rice crackers.

I know how you feel. I do Zumba 2 times a week plus I do some strength training. Can't lose only a pound or two and thats it. Gets very frustrating.
  • mlr020556
    Options
    I am having the same issues. Started about 3 weeks ago. I am doing the ellipitcal 5 days a week between 20-30 minutes. Depending how much time I have. I always stay below my daily intake as well.

Breakfast - egg beaters, jimmy dean lean turkey sausage and toast
    Lunch - a lean meat with broccoli or some veggie. Fruit
    Dinner - this is my bigger meal, but it is a very balanced meal.
    Snacks - typically a cheese stick and fruit.
    Bedtime snack - This is when I save my special treat. Either hot chocolate with 100 cal pack of lorna doone cookies or something along that lines.

I did Weight Watchers for almost 8 years. So, I know the importance of eating a balanced meal.
    Just getting very frustrated myself.

I know how you feel. I do Zumba 2 times a week plus I do some strength training. Can't lose only a pound or two and thats it. Gets very frustrating. I am trying to do carb cycling (kinda) yesterday I ate quite a bit of protein, today a little more carbs and less protein then tomorrow back to more protein and see if that makes a difference.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we are all in the same boat. I do the elliptical 7 days a week between 30-35 min I will burn from 600-700 calories. I do water aerobics 2x a week for an hour about 350 calories. I've been on this regimen for about 2weeks and I fluctuate between losing 5-7 pounds. MFP says 7 because I did lose 7 but I gain back the same 2 pounds all the time!!!!! rrrrrrrrrrr
  • JanaB2011
    Options
    I have been trying to focus on more portein and limiting my carbs. Still have not seen a difference. Weight is still stuck at the same when I started doing this 3 weeks ago. I keep thinking that because I am now exercising regularly, that maybe I am building muscle and that soon the weight will start to come off. Still waiting. Trying really hard not to get impatient.
  • Aretha8
    Options
    Lets try tricking your body and change your menu.

Breakfast - 2 Kelloggs low fat wheat waffles with a table spoon of sugar fre jelly 150 calories
    Boca veggie link saugages -70 Calories
    Cup of hot tea with two splenda - 0 calories

Lunch

Mixed green salad with all your veggies and a low calorie dressing only 2 table spoons
    Add a 80 calorie light and fit yougart

snack - use the fiberone 90 calorie snacks or any 90 calore snack. Jello has 60 calorie sugar free puddings that are great.

Dinner - grilled chiken or fish, a cup of green beans, 1half cup of Uncle bens brown rice.
  • dls1957
    dls1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How much sodium should I have at 1200 calories a day? I have been really tracking my food and exercising every day (but 1 ) in the last 16 days and have not lost anything. The first week I ate some of my calories earned from exericising but most have been very close or slightly over the 1200. Have been doing close to 700 calories burned in exercise. I do 300 calorie burn in the morning and then again in the evening i do 400 or more. I did notice that I am under in my carbs, not bad in my fat, but I seem to be over most of the time in protein. Could the protein be the problem. Getting frustrated.