Sick of the "Pancake" butt! Help.

Options
I am going to be quite honest, I look like an apple on stilts with absolutely no rear end! If anyone else on MFP can relate and has figured out a way to build some junk in the trunk, without gaining a huge Ka-dunka dunk please share your workout tips!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You want to strengthen and build up those butt muscles. There are great squatting exercises you can do, plus lunges, good mornings, probably some other stuff I can't think of to strengthen them and round out the booty. Using weights will provide more resistance and probably get much better results. There are at-home workouts dedicated to the booty, too, if you're most comfortable working out at home - for example Brazil Butt Lift and Killer Buns and Thighs (that second one is by Jillian Michaels). I have not done those particular workouts but I've heard people get good results.
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You want to strengthen and build up those butt muscles. There are great squatting exercises you can do, plus lunges, good mornings, probably some other stuff I can't think of to strengthen them and round out the booty. Using weights will require more resistance and probably get much better results.

yes, squats, squats...you guessed it - more squats.
  • MiracleMiles
    MiracleMiles Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You want to strengthen and build up those butt muscles. There are great squatting exercises you can do, plus lunges, good mornings, probably some other stuff I can't think of to strengthen them and round out the booty. Using weights will require more resistance and probably get much better results.

I am going to incorporate your suggestions into my daily routine and see how it works out. I have the weight watcher's "Belly, Bust and Thighs" workout, which includes a few squats and lunges. I wish I could find a dvd that focuses a little more on this area, it seems difficult to snag one. Thanks for the suggestions! :smile: :smile:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Try "Butts & Guts", "Lower Body Blast" or "Gym Style Legs" by Cathe Friedrich (or really, any of her lower body workouts) they'll round you out in no time...

Watch video clips @ Shop.cathe.com

Or you can find her videos on amazon, eBay, or collage video ( but watch the clips on her site first to get an idea of which you'd want)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    definitely squats and deadlifts, especially if you can lift heavy.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    squats and deads.
  • MiracleMiles
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone. :happy: I have been doing squats, but I didn't know about deadlifts. I have a left knee that is pretty tore up from an accident, which kind of limits me as far as the amount of lunges and squats I can do. My physical therapist showed me this one move, where you kind of stand straight and lift your leg out behind you, while keep your muscles completely tensed and posture erect. Does anyone know of some other gentle exercises on the knees to build up the rear?
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    >askes for work out advice
    >gets advice
    >later tells us she is injured
    >askes for different advice

Next time let us know you have something else going on...

I like barbell hip thrusters, they make me look like a pervert but they WILL build serious bum strength.
  • tnkrueger
    Options
    I love doing walking lunges with either weights or a body bar!! squats and dead lifts are great too, but i get bored of those!! hope this helps!!
  • MiracleMiles
    Options
    My bad, I'm sorry. I thought maybe I would just see some of the suggestions and try to modify the exercises down without bringing up my knee. You're right, I should have mentioned it to begin with. :smile: