Very frustrated

Options
I officially started by weight loss journey on 01/02/12 and had lost 10 lbs in the first 3 weeks, but this past week I did not lose any. I feel that nothing has changed in my eating and workout pattern besides me having more energy on Zumba. I did lose inches but the scale was very disappointing. I try to drink four glasses of water a day. I do admit the last few days I have been feeling bloated and it is not the time of the month. I would love any suggestions. Thanks.

7171023.png

Replies

• MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I seen a couple posts like this and you may have hit a plateau...maybe try switching up your exercise routine and maybe you need to be eating a little more. :) Hope this helps you.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Scales are evil. If you lost inches then you have nothing to worry about! I doubt you hit a plateau this early on. Your doing great keep up the good work!!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't always happen in a neat, negatively sloped line. You might lose immediately at first (water weight), but it takes time. Try tracking your progress over time (weeks and months) and see how you're averaging over time. Take measurements, expand the ways in which you determine "success". How do you feel? How much energy do you have? How are your clothes fitting?

Keep with it!
  • tnkrueger
    Options
    Just keep on going. Make sure you are eating enough calories-too few can actually make you GAIN weight. When you eat too few calories, your body holds on to fat for energy 'in case' you may need it for fuel. Also, make sure you are doing strength training as well as cardio. Strength training helps you gain muscle mass and lose fat-if you are not gaining muscle, you are losing!! Make sure you are taking a protein shake 1hour before and within 30-60 minutes after workouts, your body needs this.
    Be sure to eat well too! A typical day should be as follows;
    breakfast/lunch-complex carbs like whole grains, fruits, veggies. and 4-5 oz lean protein.
    dinner-lighter on the carbs, 4-5 oz lean protein, and veggies (the greener the better)
    you should taper your carb intake throughout the day, as you wont need the fuel while you sleep.
    Obviously with diet, we need to be realistic-you can have cheat meals, not cheat days!!! And keep alcohol to a minimum! it takes 3-4 days for your body to recoop. from heavy drinking!!
    Good luck in your weightloss journey, it takes lots of hard work and determination, but you can do it!!
  • calcorn1
    Options
    10 lbs in 3 weeks in more than some lose in a month! Be proud and just know your body has to adjust to your new lifestyle. AND large losses are not regular, so celebrate your victory, but don't expect it every week, you'll only disappoint yourself. Keep track of your inches, thats where most of the changes will happen.

Great work!
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the motivation and great suggestions.

7171023.png
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen a few times. The scale has never actually gone up, but i didn't lose a couple of weeks and was very frustrated as i do not cheat AT ALL during the week and weigh is always on friday. There are so many things that go into it though. And if you are still losing inches you could be gaining muscle, which makes the scale stay the same sometimes, but then it's down another pound or 2 the next week. Don't worry! Stress is not good for weight loss ;) Keep it up and you'll see more results next week :)
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the wonderful advice, I started doing strength training last night and actually got some results. :)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]7171023.png[/url]