2 exercises per day- safe or not?

Options
I'm thinking about adding another exercise at night time. Right now I'm doing the 30 day shred in the mornings. It's a really good workout and I can see some change in my body but it's only 20 mins long. I only burn an avg. of 150 calories doing the shred each day. I'd like to do at least 45 mins of working out but I don't want to quit the shred since I'm now on day 18 (starting tomorrow). I'd like to complete all 30 days. I'm not sure if it's good for me to do 2 exercises per day though, and, if it's ok, I'm not sure if I should do more cardio or ab workouts... I want to see more results on the scale but I also want to see more definition in the tummy. What do you suggest?

Replies

• addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    go for it. Though if you want to see more definition in your abdominals you should just eat less.
  • deborahbannister
    Options
    True but I'm usually under my cal intake goal everyday according to MFP. I am working on making better choices for food though such as eating more fruits and veggies... and staying away from those rolls at work lol..
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My finace was telling me last night, that when you work out in the morning, you're burning straight up fat. When you work out in the evenings you burn the sugar in your blood from the day so it won't turn in to fat.

IDK how right he is, but he works out night and morning, and he is losing quickly
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I would think a second workout would be fine since you are only doing 20mins and burning only 150 calories per workout. I've never done the 30DS so I don't know if it's all cardio or more light lifting but if you have another 45 mins in your day I would definately get in another workout. Maybe one day you could focus on cardio and the next do some heavy lifting. I've always heard that abs are made in the kitchen so it's not really about eating less but more about eating the right foods. Good luck to you!!
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm comtemplating adding double workouts to my mix. Right now I am exercsing in the evenings (Cardio/strength training mix), but wouldn't mind incorporating a 30 minor or so workout video in the mornings before heading to work and doing Cardio in the evenings. I know a few people that do double workouts to split up their routine (Cardio in the morning and Cardio/strength training in the evening) and the results are remarkable.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    if you can handle it, then do it!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm all for Two-a-Days! I think it's a great way to start your day and end it. Just be careful that you're giving your body enough rest as well.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else...go for it! I usually have a goal I want to burn each day and sometimes with time constraints, I have to divide it up. Just not too close to bed time...might screw up your sleep!
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    go for it. In your case,I would not eat less! I think sometimes you could actually eat a little more. Do some snacks in between meals lilke almonds fruit etc. It is hard sometimes,But i have been doing it and i acutally feel better through out the day. You just have to watch your calorie intake and breakfast should be a must! I am no expert,but these are some things a trainer told me,and so far i agree!
  • deborahbannister
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone. I shall start another routine at night. Just something small like 20-30 mins. Once 30 day shred is over I may go back to 1 long workout in the morning. :)