Can I Ever Get Rid of This Belly Overhang?

Options

Replies

• pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, thank youf or posting this topic!!! I too have a overhang after having three big babies in the space of two years! I have been doing a lot of gym work, weights, the 30DS Shred daily and also started the Couch 2 5 K. I can definitely see an improvement but still feel like I will never totally get rid of my flabby tummy! However, after seeing those pics above I am super motivated now. Thanks for posting. X
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You have to do a lot of transversus abdominis workouts. Reverese crunches, etc. Its a muscle that runs band like in the lower abdominal area. Lose the fat then tighten this muscle. You can google some of those exercises for more!
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey guys- for those of you interested in the wraps I've sent you messsages. If you want to know more let me know!
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    These are wraps you can do at home :) No spa needed and they are WAY cheaper then 100-300$- more around $60 for 4 of them :) It's nice that they aren't only available at spas now!
  • cpigney
    Options
    Where do you get the wraps?
  • devincl1
    devincl1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Interesed in Wraps, I guess I'll need them more after I get to my goal weight. Thanks in advance!
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and have a few suggestions for you.

You can do all of the crunches & ab work you want but that will only tighten the muscle underneath the fat. The only way to lose the fat is to burn it by creating a deficit in your daily caloric expenditure around 20% depening on how much you need to lose. There is a saying that "abs are made in the kitchen". This is 100% true! You diet has to be "on point"! So lean meats, veggies, some complex carbs, lots of water, low sodium, & ab work with the 20% deficit = losing the muffin top. Too much defict will cause you body to freak and hang onto muffin. Its a survival fat storage, and if it thinks we aren't going to eat enough its going to be resistant to go. Alot of gals who carry the fat around the mid section are more sensative to carbs....I do and I am insulin resistant. So I only eat complex carbs and only eat them in certain amounts, certain times of the day.

So here are some examples *I always pair a protein with a carb when I eat them*

Breakfast: steel cut oats and a protein like mixing in a scoop of whey or greek yogart. Or red skin potatoe (sm) with 2 eggs
    Snack: cottage cheese, greek yogart, low glycemic fruit such as an orange
    Lunch: Spinach salad with 6oz chicken breast, cukes, tomatoes, carrots, ect. 1s light ranch w/ red wine vinegar
    Snack: cottage cheese, greek yogart, low glycemic fruit such as an orange or some whey protein
    Dinner: NO CARBS Lean meats and veggies only

Hope this helps!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering, do you think that I can ever get a flat tummy that doesn't hang or have a lower belly pooch? Will my lowercase w ever go away? Will my belly button ever quit frowning?
    If so, what are some good workout and diet tips that will help me achieve this goal?

Just keep going. Your skin is still loose and is being dragged down by the weight of the fat attached to it, but at your age, your tummy should tighten up nicely once you've lost the excess fat. Mine did and I'm 40 years your senior.

I don't have a 6 pack (nor do I want one) and my belly button still frowns a little, but the muffin top and hanging pooch I had before I lost the final 15 pounds are gone. Even though my skin is still a little loose (I'm 58, so what could I expect?) the muscles underneath are well toned and there isn't a thick layer of squishy fat in between. There's less for gravity to grab hold of.
  • candiceanderson84
    candiceanderson84 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm also curious and would like more info on these wraps...
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've lost a couple inches and tightened up my "overhang" somewhat by doing some salsa dancing at home. My own version of Zumba to some fun music. I maybe don't work as hard at Beto and his girls do, but I'm having fun and I feel good knowing I'm doing something good for my health. Maybe it's more of an attitude booster than anything else!!!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JenS0301
    JenS0301 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There is hope of having my flat tummy back!! I have had 2 kids and my belly looks like Freddie Cruger got ahold of it. With every pound I shed the smaller my marks get but I always wondered if I would ever get rid of the "flap" as some ladies call it. Ive been working heavy on abdominal muscle workouts and drinking tons of water. What I would do to have my beautiful tummy back. LOL
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stuckinlimbo1100
    Options
    OK this is NOT me

its another MFP member who posted pictures of her weight loss sucess and I saved the photos for inspiration. In the pics u can see a bit of belly overhang and IDK how she did it, but once she reached her goal she looked fantastic!1 I tried finding her on MFP to ask her the secret but I can not find her anywhere! (if someone else finds her profile or knows who she is please let me know, i really have some question about the keys to her sucess lol)

(pics, pics, pics.)

seeing this MFP members photos definitely keeps me motivated and lets me know thats its possible to get a flat tummy... heck i wouldnt even mind a slight buldge, but belly overhang can and does go away :) Hope this makes you feel as great as it made me feel.
    YES! I squealed when I saw this. My belly looks just like hers! I'm so happy now, thanks for posting those pics!

Oh and yes, I'm also curious about those wraps. I think I may have seen an informercial having to do with something like that, but I forgot what they were called.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OK this is NOT me

its another MFP member who posted pictures of her weight loss sucess and I saved the photos for inspiration. In the pics u can see a bit of belly overhang and IDK how she did it, but once she reached her goal she looked fantastic!1 I tried finding her on MFP to ask her the secret but I can not find her anywhere! (if someone else finds her profile or knows who she is please let me know, i really have some question about the keys to her sucess lol)
    As a courtesy, I'd suggest removing those until you have her permission to do so. Sure, she may have posted them in another thread, but they are her pics and she knew where she was posting them.

:flowerforyou:
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of ab work outs and use skin tightening wraps. Almost all of my stretch marks are gone and the tightness is really quiet amazing. These wraps are the answer to my prayers!

So what wraps and where do you get them :)
  • stuckinlimbo1100
    Options
    And thanks everyone for all the tips and inspiration!
  • TJAMES5
    TJAMES5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i would like to know about the wraps also.
  • stuckinlimbo1100
    Options
    Oh and I found some good info on the wraps! Read this, it's a really good article.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/how-skin-firming-wraps-help-tighten-loose-skin/
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I also have a belly hang and wondered if it will ever go away. I'm not done losing all the weight/fat I need to so I'll just have to hope and see.. and of course work hard at it lol. Seeing the pics posted on here of that one girl just gave me hope :happy: