Caseine protein

Options
Do any other women out there take caseine protein ? My trainer said it migth not be a good idea for women because our body doesnt process it as well as men and it ends up storing it as fat? Any thoughts?

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was told by my trainer to eat cottage cheese at night since it has casien protein in it. I have not heard about it being bad.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    One of my pals on here takes it (Debby0904), you might want to message her and ask her about it
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    As long as you take it at night before sleep or with breakfast you will be fine. Casein is just a slower absorbing protein which is also good as a preworkout meal as well if you workout in the morning. Casein is in milk an cottage cheese as well. :) hope i helped.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My wife uses caseine. I bet she could kick your trainers *kitten* in a fist fight.
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    That's stupid.
  • melidau
    melidau Posts: 13
    Options
    haha
  • mattkellett
    Options
    what is your trainers back ground? it is absolutely not bad for you actuall the opposite, very good for you becuase the body uses it over a long period of time.

interesting, I would like to understand why he/ she is saying that.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ask your trainer to articulate WHY women don't process it as well. Ask him/her to articulate the difference between a male and female stomach. My guess is you'll get a deer in the headlights stare. I use it every day. It is a slower digesting protein than whey, good for before bedtime.
  • PamelaGailJacobucci
    Options
    I use casein all the time. Post-workout and before bed. Optimum Nutrition Chocolate....it's sooo good!
  • melidau
    Options
    She does fitness and bikini competitions all the time.. She s been training for a long time.. She s in grape shape.. but.. she doesnt do dairy , everything is natural , vegan .. maybe t hat s why.. i ll have to ask her to clarify...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    caseine is in dairy products, question, what brand would anyone recommend?
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    She does fitness and bikini competitions all the time.. She s been training for a long time.. She s in grape shape.. but.. she doesnt do dairy , everything is natural , vegan .. maybe t hat s why.. i ll have to ask her to clarify...

Just because someone is fit doesn't mean they know their *kitten* from a hole in the ground when it comes to nutrition it could just be good genetics...
  • melidau
    Options
    I bougth optimum nutrition choc peanut butter... its delicious!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with it. I use whey protein after my morning workout because its used quickly and caseine protein in the late afternoon to carry me through my afternoon/evening meetings, workout and get to to dinner (which can be as late at 7:30 or 8pm on the crazy days).. Caseine protein is processed slower so it "lasts" longer. I don't use it all the time. But I was using it for a while before bedtime when I was waking up starving. I found that having it an hour before bed made for better nights sleep and no waking up starving.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for a year and managed to lose 40lbs. I think your trainer is silly.