im fat and my fiancee is too skinny

Options
2»

Replies

• sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Is he your fiance or your husband? I'm confused! :flowerforyou:

I realise it doesn't matter in the context of your post but I just found it confusing!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a bit confused.... You can both have the same healthy meal, but he can just have more of it... that's what me and my boy do... he usually eats 2-3x as much as I do... And surely you don't eat every meal together?...
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i don't have anything productive to add... just found the title amusing for some reason.

tell him you like men with a little meat on their bones. you guys are engaged to be married. i am sure he loves you the way you are. keep that in mind and do this only for you.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I put my dinner on a side plate instead of a dinner plate. Looks like a full plate, but I eat less because it's a smaller serving.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    :noway: You owed it to him for YOU to eat more?

Moving along...

Cook for 4. You eat one portion, he eats 3.

If it doesn't work you can have a Jack Sprat themed wedding! :flowerforyou:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    give him more than half. He'll be happy & you continue to work towards you're goals. win/win
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    you eat more vegetables etc than the rest of the meal?
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    He's a big boy. He can take care of himself. I'm not trying to be insulting, but he is an adult, and is responsible for his own body.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    He's a big boy. He can take care of himself. I'm not trying to be insulting, but he is an adult, and is responsible for his own body.

What he said. You are not his mom.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I don't know how old your fiance is but the "too skinny" problem usually resolves itself with time... unfortunately. ;)
  • ranmca
    ranmca Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who gave excellent feedback . And for the others I know I'm not his mom but in our situation at the moment he works his butt off to make money because i cant find a job,and I think the least I can do is cook for him.so I don't need 2 be judged. And hubby/fiancée doesn't matter, totaly not even relating to this post :<Anyways moving on, things have gotten much better, once I got into the routine of not wanting to eat as much. So I still make the same meals but i will take way less an add some bread or cheese or something else high cal to his meal.he's still not gaining weight but he's not loosing either,and I am, GReAT SUCCESS :)
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    A lot of it is portion control. I still make the same types of meals I would have made before...some healthy of course like chicken and pork, but I still make hamburger helper, macaroni, spaghetti. I just eat less of it and my husband eats more.

This. No need to make 2 separate meals. If we're having chicken sausage, for example, he'll eat 3 and I'll only have 1. Pretty simply stuff.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    so ive been using mfp for 2 weeks and 1 day now...lost around 6 ibs...but guess what? the meals im making for myself my hubby is also eating, so the extremely skinny fiancee of mine has dropped 8 ibs and weighs about as much as my little sister. today i ate way over my calorie goal because i felt like i owed my fiancee a more calorie dense meal. its so frustrating. i dont want to cook 2 meals, and he doesnt want to eat more...what the heck am i going to do

Tell your man to be a man and eat some food. How did he feed himself before you guys met?
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Spouse/bf/gf who is skinnier, has faster metabolism and/or exercises a lot can easily learn to
    - take heavier meals during workday
    - keep extra snacks in his/her office/car
    - go straight to fast food place after work/exercise to get a little "starter" before actual meal at home
    or instead of it if you are not in the mood of cooking just for him
    - take second helpings
    - drink juices with meals and snacks while you take water
    + all that others suggested here before.

If (s)he respects your efforts to get your weight in control and is supportive, it's not much of him/her to do some little changes in his/her daily routines too in the ways that are easier for you.

Totally agree with this, there are plenty of small things he could do that would benefit both of you. He may want to use the meals he has away from home to pack in the calories (big breakfast and lunch at work, lots of snacks) and then just have bigger portions of the meals you eat together, as others have suggested.

You're not being unfair to him by asking for a little support - I'm sure you support him in lots of other ways and I reckon give and take is what it's all about. :smile:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Get creative :)

With dinners, we will often have the same meat and green vegetable but we have different starches. I also try to get similar snacks too.

It kind of looks like this:

Black bean brownies vs regular brownies
    Spaghetti or butternut squash vs sweet potatoes
    Low cal brown rice vs white rice
    Pringles light (70 cals) vs Chips
    Fat free ice cream (90 cals) vs Ice cream (or better yet, fudgicles for 40 cals a pop)
    Taco salad with only 1 shell vs 2-3 tacos
    Iced tea vs Crystal light

Its about changing it up slightly so your cooking or eating similar things . Just saying ;)
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    When I cook for my husband and me, I portion out what I'm going to have and the rest goes to him. My husband is a good build and doesn't really need to lose too much weight, but we are rather health conscious so he loves to eat nutritious meals.
    I ALWAYS have multi-grain bread on hand. This way, if I want a small piece that's cool. If he wants two huge pieces, then they are there for him to eat. When I buy wings, pork, chicken etc. I just make enough for 3 or 4 people. That way he can have as much as he wants, or one of us can eat the leftovers.
    Last night he grilled two HUGE pork chops. These things were HUGE. :laugh: He brought them inside and I cut 4 oz off one and weighed it. He ate the rest. That and some greens and bread and we are golden. :heart: