Super Bowl - What will you be serving?

Options

Replies

• MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    I'm attending a Super Bowl Party. I will assume (as I do with all gatherings), that there will be nothing available that resembles decent nutrition. Therefore, I am eating before I leave.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Tell me more about this Pickle Dip...
    [/quote]

In the land of Minnesota peeps like their pickle wraps, pickles wrapped in cream cheese and salami etc...soo pickle dip is all of these wrap ingredients in a dip:

jar of dill pickles cut up
    2 blocks of cream cheese softened
    salami/ham...meat of your choice
    Blend with a Stand-up mixer add pickle juice when blending - let sit about an hour or so
    serve with crackers, pretzels, on bread (yes I have a friend that eats pickle dip sammwiches (as we call them))
  • aconley24
    Options
    that looks so good! if only i ate meat LOL.. We are serving 2 homeade pizza (veggie) 7 layer taco dip with chips. cheese tray, veggie tray, fruit tray, and some meatballs with marinara sauce for my meat eaters. Pretty excited.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Friend is throwing a party and I volunteered to bring the cornbread!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is what I was thinking...has anyone tried it? Is it good?

it is awesome! I loved it..........

Go PATS!!
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    this day for me is going to def be a cheat day...my GIANTS are gonna kick some butt and i will be drinking some beers and eating wings while watching :) i cant wait and i am going to work extra hard all week a the gym so i can fullyyyyyyy enjoy this game...and my day off on monday ;)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIANTSSS!!!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Straight up I am probably gonna buy 2 XL 18" pizzas, chips & dip and lots of beer & wine.
  • heartshines
    heartshines Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Free day..going to enjoy the day, without stressing about calories.

Making oreo truffles in shapes of footballs. YUM!
    Indulge in chips/dip, BBQ and whatever everyone else brings!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Shrimp (boiled without oil or salt) & cocktail sauce (easy on the sauce due to sodium) / veggie tray with low-fat ranch / a very little bit of homemade smoked fish dip (yummy and I don't use the Ritz cracker to cut out carb & cals) / maybe pizza for the boys but I will limit myself to one slice and make a huge green salad. I will also eat a really healthy breakfast and lunch so that I am not starving when the time for Patriots to win comes...:bigsmile:
  • dlw28
    dlw28 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm making 2 healthy dishes from recipes I got off the forums but I'm sure others will be bringing some not so healthy dishes to our potluck. It helps that at least 3 of my friends are also on MPF so hopefully we will have enough healthy delicious treats not to be tempted to eat the bad stuff! I don't do cheat days but I may spend some extra time on the treadmill that morning! haha!
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As a Brit who loves American Football I am in awe of that stadium! I will be staying up until stupid o'clock my time to watch it all but as I do so alone (the alternative is way too much alcohol at a Super Bowl party at a pub in town!), the snacks are very much on the lean side in my house for the game (particularly as, for me, weigh-in will be a few hours away!). So I will do a bit of vicarious feasting, looking at pictures such as this one and reading about all the tasty things you folk are putting together!
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Loaded Potato Soup with bacon, sour cream and shredded cheese (light versions of all)
    those yummy buffalo chicken wraps on this site
    Hummis pitachips
    cheese crackers
    pop chips
    beer and wine

I'm STARVING NOW!!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'll be @ work. And that doesnt bother me, cuz its the Pats and Giants. :sick:
  • acstellhorn
    acstellhorn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    GO PATS!!! from this New England girl
    As for food choice I will be making Chicken Satay with Peanut sauce!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    And that doesnt bother me, cuz its the Pats and Giants. :sick:

Agreed. Anti-climatic to say the least. The only saving grace is the 'rematch' hype. Oh well. I'll still tune in nonetheless cuz it's the SB.
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    In the land of Minnesota peeps like their pickle wraps, pickles wrapped in cream cheese and salami etc...soo pickle dip is all of these wrap ingredients in a dip:

jar of dill pickles cut up
    2 blocks of cream cheese softened
    salami/ham...meat of your choice
    Blend with a Stand-up mixer add pickle juice when blending - let sit about an hour or so
    serve with crackers, pretzels, on bread (yes I have a friend that eats pickle dip sammwiches (as we call them))
    This sounds like a must-try for me. I love pickles! Thanks!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas! Way better than the old stand-bys... I am definitely going to try the pickle dip!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Since we aren't fans of either team....we're watching for the commercials this year. Most likely we'll get a pizza and with an 11 year old boy, 10 year old boy and hubby in the house, there will be no pizza left for me. LOL!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely trying that buffalo chicken dip!! I'll also have hummus and lots of veggies so I can eat mindlessly while watching.