stalker is getting pretty active again.

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
my work stalker chilled after i caught him walking into my cube during off hours ... but recently, i've noticed activity.

A good friend of mine sits over where he sits, in another entire wing of my office building. When I go over to talk to him, stalker (aka, tetley) starts doing the gopher thing - popping his head up every 45 seconds to look at me. Or to see if I'm gone. Or to burn the vision of me into memory so he can sculpt me into a slab of bath soap.

Now, I ~know~ I shouldn't poke a bear. But I'm stupidly curious to see what he'd do if I'd, say, go over and invite him to lunch. What would that lunch hour be like? See. This is my problem. me = cat. him = curiosity.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Oh... have I been there, done this. Proceed with caution!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I bet he would break into a profuse sweat trying to remember the lines he has been quietly crafting for the past several months.
    And then he would probably pass out.

Lunch hour? I bet he would just sit and giggle and spill his water. Several times.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    After lunch have someone check his cache for tips on kidnapping and hidden surveillance.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Elbow in the butter dish.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    see. that's funny.

on the other hand, he could be trying to visualize how my dismembered body would fit inside his freezer.
  • cnhanson
    Options
    I think you should get the excellent fart app from iTunes. Then when you walk by his cubicle set it off. See if he still thinks your so sexy!
  • abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    see. that's funny.

on the other hand, he could be trying to visualize how my dismembered body would fit inside his freezer.

Doesn't happen as often in real life as in the movies...
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    After lunch have someone check his cache for tips on kidnapping and hidden surveillance.

Haha GREAT advice! lol
  • NewTeena
    NewTeena Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You call him your stalker, which implies you have some level of fear of him. To me, inviting him to lunch is potentially dangerous and misleading. I would really reconsider.
  • 76tech
    Options
    I wish I had a stalker.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    see. that's funny.

Or we'd all be dead!
  • KCox8604
    KCox8604 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me at a former job. After weeks of weird stares from this "regular" customer, I decided to go say "Hello." When I did he looked shocked that I even noticed he was there and he just left. Never saw him again.....weird. Def. proceed with caution. Sounds harmless though!
  • Mary067
    Mary067 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would just ignore him, but always watch your back when walking to your car :) Sounds pretty creepy.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    He may just be too shy to ask you out??? Socially awkward??? Or just a stalker???

What do your co-workers say about the situation?

I just picture Dwight Shcrewt (sp?)... Poking his head out of the cube to look at you. lmao.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Long ago when I was young and not so wise, I too liked to poke bears and play with mice. Not only is it a bad idea, but it sounds to me like you secretly like this attention and are seeking it out. Stop it before he gets the wrong idea.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding??? That is how slasher movies begin!!!
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Don't claim him as yours in the first place and if you really believe he is stalking you then you need to report it to the authorities - management at work. Stalking isn't a funny game and while it may not happen as much in real life as in the movies it does happen. Do you detect him 'stalking' you outside of work? If so then you need to do something now, now wait until something stupid, or dangerous, happens.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    see. that's funny.

Umm well minus the freezer part.

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120125-40333.html
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Long ago when I was young and not so wise, I too liked to poke bears and play with mice. Not only is it a bad idea, but it sounds to me like you secretly like this attention and are seeking it out. Stop it before he gets the wrong idea.
    Wonderful advice and well said.
  • 76tech
    Options
    If you have to use the restroom during lunch, discreetly put some superglue on the edge of your plates and on your utensils. In case he goes to caress them lovingly. Or even worse, lives up to his nickname.

That awkward moment when your lunch companion is caught teabagging your fork...