Help i want to eat a few cookies

Options
i am in work, it was someone's bday and they got a huge cookie tray for him. I want to have a few cookies. I have been so good not eating any junk food for the past 3-4 weeks and i don't want to break down now. HELP!! On the bright side i only have 65 more mins until i am away from these cookies.

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Several options:
    1) Eat one cookie and savor every morsel of it.... Seriously. enjoy it. This is life, it needs to be lived. One cookie won't kill you. Then go for a walk later tonight.
    2) in the future, brew a cup of tea to drink at your desk whenever there is a cookie tray. Have a snack bar/Lara bar in your desk so you can eat a healthier sweet treat when the time hits.
    3) Just white knuckle it for a few more minutes.
  • AmiKayser
    AmiKayser Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Depends..on what kind of cookies I suppose. If they're sugar-frosted, especially with sprinkles, sorry no amount of will power can save you.
    Chocolate, chocolate chip, peanut butter or anything with nuts...don't worry they're icky and you shouldn't eat them.

Oh, wait...that's for me...

Regroup - I guess just glare at the cookies and all of the cookie eaters for the remainder of the day and hope there are none left tomorrow morning come breakfast time.

Good luck!
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Eat one, log it, move on.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

This.

And while you're at it, stop looking at foods as "good" or "bad." calories, calories, calories
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Eat away. As long as you are in a caloric deficit and macros are in line, no damage done.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

*concurred* Food is not the enemy in itself, only the quantity. Enjoy the foods you love, just don't go crazy. I know the longer I went without the foods I *really* enjoyed, the harder it was to control myself when I finally 'broke down.' The key to not breaking down is to allow yourself to enjoy good food, but not go crazy with it.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Have a couple. A weekly dessert won't interfere with your weight loss, trust me.:smile:
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels!
  • gloriashaped
    Options

This.

And while you're at it, stop looking at foods as "good" or "bad." calories, calories, calories

I agree. :)
  • angie3005
    angie3005 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

This.

if you want one have one as long as you log it....denying yourself all treats will only make you feel deprived and more likely to binge, i figure a treat into my day, i dont always have it, but its figured just in case :)
    for future keep a treat that you know the calories of in your draw, or toothpaste.....if you dont want to eat it, clean your teeth, it helps and if you do take a nibble of something it tastes nasty lol!!!

good luck!!!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    eat one, enjoy it and maybe later go for a walk!
  • code156
    code156 Posts: 31
    Options
    If you havent had any treats today have some,the occasional cookie is no big deal. If youve already indulged back away.
  • serenastreilein
    serenastreilein Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I would be in heaven...I am a cookie monster!! I wouldn't have even had the will power to type that up for support (I would've been at the cookie tray already, lol) so good for you!!! Cookies are definitely my 1 massive weakness...must...work...on...it!!!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    i am in work, it was someone's bday and they got a huge cookie tray for him. I want to have a few cookies. I have been so good not eating any junk food for the past 3-4 weeks and i don't want to break down now. HELP!! On the bright side i only have 65 more mins until i am away from these cookies.

Like everyone else said: Eat some (chew every bit 20+ times, make them last), log it, move on

otherwise you sit there thinking about it forever and even post threads on forums about them ;)

Dieting should be a lifestyle change and trying to go your entire life without ever having another cookie is unrealistic
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Do not deny yourself or you will crave ...................eat one........go for a walk ............1 is not going to kill you!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Eat one move on enjoy
  • Rtrish
    Rtrish Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't know.. pretend you have already had it. That's if you already feel guilty - if not.. eat it!
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me today. I opted to have two cookies and instead of having a day of rest, have added a workout in to counteract the damage. Checks and balances. After the yo-yo-ing I've done my whole life, I refuse to be afraid of the occasional treat. I think it will help me keep my goals in line and not make me binge on all the things I've been depriving myself of one day. Enjoy!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options

This.

THIS (especially the 2nd part)!!!!!!!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    So what did you do?