Concussion and Low Testosterone

Options
I was hearing some football players today discuss something on the radio that I have felt I am dealing with but no doctors have taken me seriously and I was wondering how many men out there who are or were athletes and now are a little or a lot overweight have had multiple head injuries/concussions? I have had anywere between 12-18 concussions that I can remember or have been told about, with about 3 or 4 being a Level 2 or greater. I was kneed in the temple playing soccer in Germany that gave me headaches for nearly 6 months to a year before they totally went away, however since that last serious head injury I have a propensity to get mild concussions just by shaking my head hard enough (I joke with my wife not to slap me to hard I may get a concussion).
When I was in college and learning about the brain and its functions I questioned the effects of concussions on the part of the brain that controls appetite and hunger. I was laughed at by my professors, but now Ray Lucas (former Jets QB) has been part of a study that shows a corralation between people with Concurrent Concussion Syndrom (ME) and Low Testosterone (which can lead to being overweight).

So I ask.. any of you guys out there with multiple concussions ever feel the same or possible feel they have the same Low Testosterone symptoms? Or Ladies... if you have notice a hubby or boyfriend?

Replies

• PirateJohn
    Options
    I only had two concussions in my football playing days that I know of, but my testosterone is borderline low. I'm going to see my doctor about it Thursday.