To the people that have lost over 40lbs...

Options
13»

Replies

• HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost 52 lbs (I have 12 to go) and I still feel fat. I can see the difference in the number on my pants (went from a 12 to a 4), and I wear size XS/S shirts (used to wear M/L) but I still feel like certain parts of me are huge. I wish I could get out of this mindset, I don't know why I am stuck.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    110 ish soon and yeah I am still fat so I see myself as being fat... Less fat yes....But still fat....

My thing is too have smaller cloths in my closet and too try them on whenever I am feeling down and fat. I have a size 4x shirt in my closet as well to remind me the difference between that and a XL .... It helps big time.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    YEPPERS! I know I have lost a lot...but to me I am still the "fat" girl...until I look in the mirror then Im like OH YEAH *kitten* I AM GETTIN HOT! lmao
  • wittyusername
    Options
    I don't feel any different yet but ive still got a very long way to go & im hoping that will change as I get nearer to my goal
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i'm down 34 at it wasn't until recently that i've really felt different, its mostly in the way clothes fit now that i see it
  • itsjen516
    Options
    i lost over 40 pounds and still feel like the 167 pound girl i was :(
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Well, I actually still AM fat, so yes. I'm only 9 lbs out of the obese category.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yeap. I lost 35 lbs and still saw myself as chunky (even though I was wearing size 4's). I've regained 10 of those lbs back and I'm back to seeing myself as I did when I was heavier.. ugh.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I lost 70lbs. and still saw myself as really big. I still have almost 80 lbs. to lose. But I didn't see it until I compared my before and current pics. Wow is there a difference. But I think I will still see myself as fat when I reach my goal.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I think it is a pretty common thing for our brains to take a while to catch up with our bodies!
    I, for one, still often feel like the 204 pound girl I was in August still even though I'm in the high 140's now. I always assume I need XL shirts, when mediums would be appropriate. I always try on jeans way too big. Before I step on the scale I automatically think "okay I'm guessing I'll be at....180something...when in reality it has been quite a while since I've seen a number starting in the 180s or whatever.
    Sometimes I'll see a picture of myself now or catch a glimpse in a particularly forgiving mirror & be like oh what? My thighs aren't the size of the planet anymore? Sweet! Also I always get surprised when I can feel new bones that used to be covered in fat- I totally forgot that normal people have collar bones and hip bones lol. On the down side....the one thing I DO notice is that I have no boobs anymore.

Edited to ad: I have always had pretty low self esteem so it may have something to do with this?
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think it is a pretty common thing for our brains to take a while to catch up with our bodies!
    I, for one, still often feel like the 204 pound girl I was in August still even though I'm in the high 140's now. I always assume I need XL shirts, when mediums would be appropriate. I always try on jeans way too big. Before I step on the scale I automatically think "okay I'm guessing I'll be at....180something...when in reality it has been quite a while since I've seen a number starting in the 180s or whatever.
    Sometimes I'll see a picture of myself now or catch a glimpse in a particularly forgiving mirror & be like oh what? My thighs aren't the size of the planet anymore? Sweet! Also I always get surprised when I can feel new bones that used to be covered in fat- I totally forgot that normal people have collar bones and hip bones lol. On the down side....the one thing I DO notice is that I have no boobs anymore.

Edited to ad: I have always had pretty low self esteem so it may have something to do with this?
    Thanks for sharing.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Yep...was at 40, 50, 60 and I will probably be that at 70, 80, 90, etc.

It's really hard to get into the mind set that I'm not 245 pounds and a size 24 but 179 pounds and a size 14...It's just hard to get there...
    I know!!!!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    This is the biggest problem that I struggle with. I can close my eyes and feel the difference in my body. I have lost 65 total pounds and look in the mirror and see the same body I had before. It is so frustrating! I stand in department stores and just want to cry because I don't know what to do. I love how my body feels and how the muscles feel under my skin, but I feel like I still look flabby and fat. It's such a head game. So to answer your question...I'm still struggling with this......
    <<<hug>>>> It is sooooo frustrating. We work so hard and we are getting somewhere...and b/c of our views of ourselves or being in that fat place for so long...we can't SEE the hard work, dedication and effort....

I believe in us though....we will soon see it!
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I struggle with the same problem. It is very frustrating and I think you are right it really does take a while for the mind to catch up and process the new body you have.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    For me it's definitely a hard thing to wrap my head around. Taking compliments isn't easy either. Sometimes I just don't know what to say when someone comments on my weight loss and how good I look, I'm not used to compliments. Hoping to move past this part of the weight loss soon. :)

Same here! when someone says "wow you look great" or "wow you have lost SO MUCH weight" it almost makes me sad because I am not sure how to respond. My weight is something I have struggled with my entire life and it is such an emotional topic for me to speak about. I hope that soon my mind will kind of catch up with this new body that I have work hard this past year to have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!