Give me something interesting to do with Eggplant

Options

Replies

• shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just slice it up, spice it up, and throw it on the grill. Yum!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    om nom bump
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Make baked eggplant parmesean. Just slice, coat lightly with breadcrumbs and parmesean cheese. Bake. Dust with cinnamon (trust me) and top with tomato sauce. You could even melt a little mozarella on it (a little). Delish. If you're watching calories, go easy on the olive oil with eggplant...it soaks it up like a sponge.
  • Kassileigh
    Kassileigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bin it. work of the devil. *barf*:tongue:
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    One thing I love to do with eggplant:

bread it and spray a pan and bake it until tender and browned
    Add it on a roll with fresh mozzarella slice, artichoke hearts and a tomato. Drizzle with a touch of balsamic vineager.

YUM!!!!!
  • gailashton
    Options
    roasted baby eggplant with olive oil, capers and goat cheese.... yummmm....
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Grilled eggplant with grilled onions and provolone cheese on a toasted bun. oooooh so yummy!
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I made this the other day, it was yummy and the entire dish (8 generous servings) is only 5 WW points, if you're counting:

1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
    1 eggplant
    1 green bell pepper
    3 carrots (medium- to large-sized)
    1/2 medium white onion
    1/3 Cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
    2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese

1. Cut carrots into medium-sized pieces and microwave until tender, then dice.
    2. Slice bell pepper and eggplant and grill (or sauté), then dice.
    3. Dice onion (grill first if desired).
    4. Mix veggies in an oven-safe dish and add tomatoes. Stir well, and heat in oven until hot through.
    5. Top with breadcrumbs and cheese and bake 10 minutes.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Slice it, roast it in the oven until soft inside, and top with hummus. Or tahini and feta cheese.

Chop it, cover it in salt and let it drain for 30 minutes. Meanwhile sautee 2 onions with garlic in olive oil. Rinse the eggplant, put it in, and add a drained can of diced tomatoes. Top with parsley and/or cilantro. Enjoy. http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-georgian-eggplant
  • Mstejskal
    Options
    Easy, and my favorite: Slice, brush both sides with olive oil and roast in a 400F oven until tender and browned on both sides, turning once. Sprinkle with sea salt - yum!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    Peel it , sprinkle salt on it , and let it sit , this takes out the bitterness.
    rince it , sprinkle it with some kind of breading and cook it at 400 until its crispy
    yumm!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Peel it, cut in pieces along with peppers and onions, olive oil and whatever seasoning you like and stick it in the oven. I love this as a side to fish or chicken. I think I got it from South Beach.

Eggplant parmesan is amazing too! Not exactly low cal though
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Peel it , sprinkle salt on it , and let it sit , this takes out the bitterness.

^^This! You must do this, no matter what else you decide to do with it.
  • ShawtyLatina
    ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eggplant works as a great substitute for bread. Slice it thin, salt, pepper, and then grill. You can use it to replace the bread in any kind of sandwich, but it really works wonders as the bread replacement for a grill cheese (I use soy pepper jack). Or you can slice them really thin, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and a lil bit of olive oil and bake them until they are crisps, kinda becomes a potato chip replacement.
  • sweetmelissa43
    sweetmelissa43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the ratatouille too. I sautee onions, garlic, tomatoes, zuchini, squash, egg plant, red, green and yellow peppers, in a sauce pan in olive oil. Once they are nice and tender, I put them in a baking pan and sprinkle them with a bit of parmesan cheese. Yummy!
  • TheVulcanLover
    TheVulcanLover Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Great recipes everyone. I'm gonna try all of them over the coming month. Thanks! :drinker:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Moussaka. Google it. Make it. Devour it. Send me a thank you note. :-)