Rewards??

Options
I'm trying to figure out ways to reward myself for the little goals.. at how many lbs do you all suggest and what types of things do you reward yourself with.. I don't think its right to reward oneself with a cheat day and/or food because that kinda defeats the purpose right?? Any suggestions??

Replies

• giraffeprincess
    giraffeprincess Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am looking for ways rewarding myself as well :) but as you said I do not want to use food!
    I was thinking of either treating myself to a nice massage, facial, manicure, etc or buy something pretty :)
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Every 25 lbs lost I get a new pair of boots.
    For smaller loss, every ten pounds, a pedicure, an article of clothing (on sale), or something that makes me feel better... girly... like nail polish, new lipstick, or a new pair of earrings.
    I guess it depends on what you like!
    I never use food as a reward. Been doing that my whole life and that's one of the ways I arrived where I'm at.
  • ChelSleeve
    ChelSleeve Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You guys rock I love the idea of massages or pedi's :)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm planning on things like a spa day (only 5 more lbs!!), a new tattoo when i'm closer to goal, an expensive pair of jeans when i am at goal, and a new ring and bracelet :)
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    i'm planning on things like a spa day (only 5 more lbs!!), a new tattoo when i'm closer to goal, an expensive pair of jeans when i am at goal, and a new ring and bracelet :)

Love these ideas!
  • dimplez711
    Options
    We have a group called the 5x5x5 Challenge. :)

5 days: Work it!
    5 lbs: Lose it!
    $5: Spend it!

Basically you work a minimum of 5 days a week, and for every 5 lb increment you lose, you reward yourself with something worth $5. And feel free to change it up to fit your lifestyle. You can pool your $5s for a bigger prize, or even get something as simple as a new e-book, or treat yourself to a matinee, etc.

Just have fun with it! I glad all on this thread are looking to make this a fun journey!