Anyone else trying raw foods?

Options
I've been on a high raw foods diet for what's going on 3 weeks now. I'm not being overly strict, as I do still eat spelt pita bread and cooked fish. I have never felt better, I really enjoy the food I'm eating and I have zero cravings for junk food, which is phenomenal in my case. The only problem I seem to be having is eating enough calories everyday. Is there anyone else trying raw foods that has a solution to this?

Replies

• BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I would LOVE to be friends on here with you! I have been following a lot of raw foodist on youtube for a while now - drop me a note :)

PS Just bought a Spiralizer, too! Woot!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near all the way raw, but I do eat a ton of raw veggies. Some I like better that way, and some are just easier! :wink:

I'm a strict plant based nutrition guy since 11/1/11 and I haven't felt this good in years.
  • MiaHutCab
    Options
    Hi! I am very interested in Raw foods (similar to Blissfulyoga). I have just gone fully raw for the month of Feb to get me jump started. I would love to hear any information/support/encouragement y'all have on the subject. I eat a healthy diet already (just a bit too much of it) and am now trying a raw food diet for some health issues I have.
  • MiaHutCab
    Options
    I've been on a high raw foods diet for what's going on 3 weeks now. I'm not being overly strict, as I do still eat spelt pita bread and cooked fish. I have never felt better, I really enjoy the food I'm eating and I have zero cravings for junk food, which is phenomenal in my case. The only problem I seem to be having is eating enough calories everyday. Is there anyone else trying raw foods that has a solution to this?

For low fat solutions I would suggest fruit and dates (LOTS of fresh fruit). Or for healthy fats, seeds and nuts. There are many recipes out there for things like 'bliss balls' which are seeds/nuts/dried fruit, and while they are still raw and healthy they are very high in calories as well. Also anything with avocado. There is significant debate in the raw food community over low fat (fruit based) vs high fat (seeds and nut based) diets. Personally I think large amounts of green-leafys are the way to go (green smoothies etc) but in the end I say go with what ever makes your body feel the best. I hope that is helpful.