How do you fight afternoon SWEETS cravings?!

Options
13»

Replies

• nalliebell
    nalliebell Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I low sugar protein shake or kashi go lean cereal
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bar or fat free pudding:)
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I can't do sugar in moderation. It is like crack to me... or at least it is right now. I always have fresh fruit in my office. I bring a few pieces every day and they soothe that savage beast.
  • timanonymous
    Options
    What I do is just break off a little tiny piece to eat and throw the rest away. I even try to throw it away in such a way that it is completely un-retrievable. For example I might smash them up and then throw them away or I might throw them away and then spit in the garbage. But the best way to avoid temptations that I have found is simply just to make sure that they are not in my living area and if I want them I have to actually go out and make a trip to the store in order to get them...This helps *most* of the time.
  • siouxperwoman
    Options
    Gum.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Protein. When I start getting a craving to run over to my coworker's desk and indulge in all the naughty treats she has (:grumble: ) I grab a slice of lunch meat or a handful of almonds. Usually, I'm just hungry or in need of energy.

If after taking a quick stroll and having some protein doesn't help? Then I will go ahead and have *one* piece to prevent the quick stop off at the gas station for a huge one.
  • QueenRee
    QueenRee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    fiberone brownie and a bottle of water is my go to sweet treat almost daily!
  • sweetmelissa43
    sweetmelissa43 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello cups are great for getting a sweet cold snack. Also I keep cinnamon almonds on my desk. The protein is filling and the cinnamon gives it just enough sweetness.
  • deepbluesea0822
    Options
    This is gonna sound weird... but dried plums... (prunes).... It really works. Then there's the old stand by... sugar free gum... On the other hand... allowing yourself a goodie once in a while is not a "bad" thing... Just try not to every night. :flowerforyou: Hang in there!!
  • flackle
    flackle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could your lunch possibly be lacking in fiber and or protein? Those are the two ingredients that will keep you full the longest. Also if it's been about 2 hrs since your last meal your body needs fuel again so it's trying to tell you that. The cravings are your body's way of getting you to give it fuel asap...simple carbs (sugar) are your body's fastest fuel source so it will send signals to your brain to crave sweets. A scoop of protien powder mixed with water or a protien bar should help. :)
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I say fulfill them with healthy sweets. Research healthy delicious snacks. My favorite is home made mini pumpkin muffins. I buy Betty Crocker Spice Mix and mix it will 100% Pure Pumpkin and their only 83 calories each.

Also check out http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ She makes the most delicious desserts ever and their healthy!
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    - Flavored tea! (Sometimes I top with fat free whip cream and drizzle a little syrup on~ kills the cravings!)
    - Sugarfree jello (also awesome with whip cream)
    - Sugarfree gum
    - Dark chocolate and/or Weight Watchers chocolate
    - Diet hot chocolate (25 cals a serving)
    - Weight Watchers 90 cal oatmeal raisin cookie

If I really want a good treat, smart ones sundae's - theyre about 140 cals. Mmm!