Chipotle Mexican Grill vs. Moe's

Options

Replies

• Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I hate how they yell at you when you walk in the door. "WELCOME TO MOE'S!" Aiee! Don't yell at me! Makes me self conscious, cause I know they are forced to say it and it is just embarrassing all around.

That said, once I stop blushing, I like a Moe's Salad.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Moe's in my part of town, so going with Chilpotle!
  • whoaeyekneex3
    Options
    i've never actually eaten moe's but i looked at their menu and nothing really seems appetizing to me.. i can't really pick a side, but it seems like chipotle gives more options to be a bit more healthy.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Qdoba... isn't it obvious? :-P

THISS!!!
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Moe's may just be the worst-executed restaurant concept ever...

"Hey you know what would make people forget about the mediocrity of this fake-*kitten* Tex-Mex crap? Let's name everything on the menu after the most obscure, un-rememberable movie character that no one has ever heard of! That way, on the odd chance that someone actually DOES order something that they enjoy... they'll never remember what the hell it was if they come back!"
    "We're gonna be rich!"

F ALL THAT.

Your menu should say Chicken g%#damn Burrito if that is what *kitten* I'm ordering. If I wanted a motherf&#^ng "Judge Smails" I'd go home and watch Caddyshack.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    mmmm chipotle, however, i sadly cannot eat there because their stuff is spicy and i'm allergic.
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Moe's... but I guess I'm kind of prejudice because I used to work there when I was in high school... Chipotle's okay, Qdoba is alright too, but Moe's is the best. Put their chipotle ranch on anything and it instantly tastes amazing.
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Moe's or Qdoba but I adore Chipotle. It doesn't have to be terrible on the calories - I get a fajita bowl with half or no rice, no cheese or sour cream, and sometimes guac. Then I eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner. I can fit it into my calorie count that way, and it's way better than anything McDonalds or Burger King offers. I like that I can pick out what every ingredient is in my bowl. I try to eat whole and unprocessed foods (or at least minimally processed), so Chipotle is the way to go!
  • christatree
    christatree Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Only when I have the extra calories to eat.....Chipotle!
    Love Moe's chips and queso though.
    Qdoba - eh they're ok...
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    Chipotle hands down!!!!!! I didn't care for Moe's at all and my bowl at Chipotle fits well into my diet. I use this site for nutrition info

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

I think I want to try Qdoba soon... haven't as of yet.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Never ate at either although we have both of them here. Up until 9 months ago, I was a cook at Qdoba mexican grill. It is the same idea like Chipotle. Qdoba's customers always said that we are better than both Moe's and Chipotle. Me and a fellow ex coworker missed the food so much we ate there today. Qdoba's has the best queso. If there is one where you live try it out.

I'm sure this is a Qdoba I just have to find it.
  • Shaneekwa
    Options
    WELCOME TO MOE'S!

I love Moe's. However, I've never been to Chipolte before so I can't really compare. It just blows me away how much FOOD they stuff into those damn things. It amazes me!

I wouldn't even want to know how many calories are in one of those suckers! They're just massive!

Well a burrito bowl is about 800 calories so a burrito is pretty much hitting 1k. A rice bowl or salad is just my preference. I look at everyone eating those huge burritos and wonder if their jaw every hurt opening up so wide lol
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I prefer Qdoba to both of them, but the nutritional info said that Chipotle burrito was much healthier than the Qdoba. I'm torn! Try entering the name of the meal in the food finder and compare what you get at Chipotle to what you get at Moe's. You can always erase them after you're done.
  • Shaneekwa
    Options
    I hate how they yell at you when you walk in the door. "WELCOME TO MOE'S!" Aiee! Don't yell at me! Makes me self conscious, cause I know they are forced to say it and it is just embarrassing all around.

That said, once I stop blushing, I like a Moe's Salad.

OH GOSH....I thought it was just me. I'm standing on line like wtf are you yelling at until I noticed they say it every time someone walk through the door...just shut up and serve me lol

AND STILL CHIPOTLE is giving Moe's a run for their money...and you have to try the brown rice...to die for!!!
  • reeniesing
    reeniesing Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Absolutely. I am all about Qdoba. I've tried Moe's and I don't like it. I've tried Chipotle and it's ok, but I love love love Qdoba.
  • Shaneekwa
    Options
    Moe's may just be the worst-executed restaurant concept ever...

"Hey you know what would make people forget about the mediocrity of this fake-*kitten* Tex-Mex crap? Let's name everything on the menu after the most obscure, un-rememberable movie character that no one has ever heard of! That way, on the odd chance that someone actually DOES order something that they enjoy... they'll never remember what the hell it was if they come back!"
    "We're gonna be rich!"

F ALL THAT.

Your menu should say Chicken g%#damn Burrito if that is what *kitten* I'm ordering. If I wanted a motherf&#^ng "Judge Smails" I'd go home and watch Caddyshack.

ROTFLMFAO!!!! I blurted out a loud chuckle....This has to be the funniest and yet true comment thus far!!! I was looking at the menu like what the hell is this...homewrecker? joes bag of dougnuts or whatever the heck it's called...ridiculous
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Thank you! QDOBA kicks chipotle's butt any day of the week!
    Plus Qdoba does free kids meal every Sunday. Hard to beat that! Plus, IIRC, chipotle is owned by McD's.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The best one is the one I'm closest to at the time. :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Moe's. I live in Colorado and love Chipotle- they started here. I think of them as a healthy eating out option, myself. I probably go about once a week!
  • spookystitches
    spookystitches Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Moe's 100%

Tofu homewrecker! <3 So sad I can't have guac anymore. :(