Replies

• dawn33
    dawn33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump. would love some recipes too
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered Jamba Juice smoothies they sell at the grocery store. OH MAN! I'm in love!

I'm sure it's something you can make on your own though as opposed to buying the package. The interesting thing is that it's mixed with a cup of apple juice. They are SINFUL! Rasberries, blueberries and strawberries with nonfat yogurt and apple juice. They have a mango and pineapple with nonfat yogurt and apple juice. I just bought a new one that's blueberry pomegranate.

I bought some fruits and froze them. I'm going to experiment with them....I'd prefer to make my own really!

It's getting to be kind of fun! LOL.
  • andreacord
    Options
    Cup of skim milk, scoop of chocolate protein powder and chocolate banana is pretty amazing. I can't offer any help in the tart section though , because that's really how I like my smoothies. I'd like to see other's recipes though.
  • StephanieRDMS
    StephanieRDMS Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! :D
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you would consider it tangy or not; but I love this one. The original recipe calls for greek yogurt, but I also use regular yogurt.

6 oz greek yogurt
    1/2 c pommegranite or blueberry juice
    1 c Frozen berries ( I like a mix of blueberries/blackberries/strawberries)

Blend and enjoy.

Oops you can also add a little bit of 60% or higher dark caco bar and or almonds or pecans too. I use only a square or two of caco and maybe an ounce of almonds when I'm looking to use it as a meal and want a little more protein. Most days I don't add the caco or nuts.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I add a little stevia to my smoothies sometimes to make them more palatable - you might consider trying it :)
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I posted one to my blog recently if you want to check it out! http://canuckasaurusrex.wordpress.com/

It reminds me of being a kid and having a jawbreaker... getting to the next flavour... then the next. Which is nice for me because large smoothies tend to bore me flavour-wise halfway through. This one is w/o dairy and it has an extra sweetness kick by using a very small amount of pure orange mango juice.

Stoplightsmoothie.jpg

Super yummy and full of all sorts of good stuff!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just noticed it looks like my counter! SOON to be green!! =D
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The plain yogurt will give it that tang unless you sweeten it up a lot. I like to use honey greek yogurt if I'm using yogurt at all. Bananas and pitted dates are both good healthy ways to sweeten a smoothie without using sugar. Banana will also give it a creamier feel. I use a vanilla protein powder that's low carb and sweetened with Stevia. It tastes great and does a good job of taking the edge off a smoothie made with more tart ingredients. Tonight I had a smoothie with spinach (90 grams), blueberries (107 grams), strawberries (100 grams), Greek Gods honey yogurt (4 oz.), a scoop of protein powder and an ounce of lemon juice. It wasn't tart or overly sweet and was super refreshing after doing taekwondo.
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Bump for later. Great looking recipes!
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump! these sound yummy!

:smile:
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I have two! One for fun and the other for working out!

A banana
    Half cup of strawberries
    Your choice cup of orange juice
    your choice cup of yogurt (optional) I use yoplait peach
    And lots of ice!

And for the protein one:

A banana
    Half cup of blueberries
    Two scoops of vanilla whey powder
    Cup of milk
    A tbs of peanut butter (optional!)
    Some ice

I promise they taste delicious! I'm thinking of adding greens in the future ;)
    Feel free to add me as well. Have a great day!
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I want to try a couple of these!!

I've been doing a Green monster smoothie every morning.. but mixing it up will be awesome!
  • abronowski_611
    abronowski_611 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!! I now have a TON of recipes to test out and see what one works best for me. Yesterday I made a smoothie with frozen peaches and strawberries, about a half a cup of orange juice, 1 cup of water, a splash of fresh pineapple juice and 1 packet of Truvia and that was really yummy!

Thanks again for all of your smoothie recipes! It is MUCH appreciated!