Stuck in MT and trying to lose weight!

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Amanda, I am 28 years old and am in the process of trying to lose about 15-20 lbs. I currently live in Montana. My husband is in the Air Force and we are stationed here. We have been here for the last 2 years, but prior to this we lived in Japan for 4 years and North Carolina 3 years (NC is actually my home). I also work for the Air Force but as a civilian, I don't wear the uniform, I leave that up to him. ;) We have 2 children, a boy who is 7 and a girl who whill be 4 in April. I feel like I have always been a bigger girl, even when I was younger. I know I was in much better shape when I was in high school and college, and would love to get back there. Finding time to work out is the hard part. With working full time, the 2 kids and their extracurricular activities plus I am in school as well. The time to work out is few and far between. But my excuses need to stop here and I just need to suck it up and find the time even if that means staying up late or waking up early.

Looking forward to working with all of you in this adventure towards a new and healthy me!

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    must be in great falls, then, eh? just outside of billings, here. feel free to add me, if you'd like.
  • Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda I'm Dorian! I'm 29 and trying to lose somewhere around 20 myself. I'm right there with you in trying to find time to exercise, and I'm not even trying to keep track of multiple little ones. Running after the kids seems like all the exercise you should need! I'd be happy to be friends on here and try to provide added support. That's what MFP is for.
  • apbradley208
    apbradley208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yup, in Great Falls. I love Billings, I always say, "Why can't the base be near Billings or Missoula?" Great Falls isn't terrible, but not my ideal place to live.
  • ejwilliams88
    ejwilliams88 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great Falls is fine if you love the wind. I'm in Kalispell but I have alot of family in Greatfalls.
  • Hey everyone. My name is Amanda, I am 28 years old and am in the process of trying to lose about 15-20 lbs. I currently live in Montana. My husband is in the Air Force and we are stationed here. We have been here for the last 2 years, but prior to this we lived in Japan for 4 years and North Carolina 3 years (NC is actually my home). I also work for the Air Force but as a civilian, I don't wear the uniform, I leave that up to him. ;) We have 2 children, a boy who is 7 and a girl who whill be 4 in April. I feel like I have always been a bigger girl, even when I was younger. I know I was in much better shape when I was in high school and college, and would love to get back there. Finding time to work out is the hard part. With working full time, the 2 kids and their extracurricular activities plus I am in school as well. The time to work out is few and far between. But my excuses need to stop here and I just need to suck it up and find the time even if that means staying up late or waking up early.

Looking forward to working with all of you in this adventure towards a new and healthy me!

Hello,

I read your post about trying to lose 20+ lbs and just want to say hang in there you can do it! I am trying to lose 35lbs so know just how you feel. I haven't tried this method yet but have had it suggested to me by others (it worked for them) ... take an old favorite pear of jeans, a dress, bikini WHATEVER and hang it on a hanger in a place you will always see it. By doing this and always seeing that old outfit you'll be encouraged to not only work out but work harder and not to have (for example) that bowl of ice cream late at night.

I haven't tried this yet but for my friends that have done it - it worked. One of my friends motivated herself to lose weight by going out and buying a pair of jeans that were 1 size too small and hung them on a hanger in her living room. Each time she saw the jeans it pushed her to work out harder and choose to eat healthier. She did it! She lost enough weight to fit into the jeans. Her method was not "My goal is to lose ___ lbs" like many of us do. Instead, her goal was to lose just enough weight to fit into the new jeans. It might seem silly to keep buying a new pair of jeans each time you want to lose weight so maybe you can go for something easier such as buying a cute dress or swimsuit and use that to motivate you! Each time you want to give in to cravings look at the new clothing and say to yourself, "Which do I want more? Being able to fit into my new ________ or having this piece of cake?"

I hope this helped a little ... keep hanging in there. Be strong & good luck! :smile: