Who names their cars?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    1960's BMW 1600 -- "The Grey Ghost." Grey for the color, Ghost because it was always disappearing into the repair shop.
    By that convention Sasha, my Porsche, should be "The Silver Ghost" . I haven't had it that long and I am still getting the bugs worked out..............at least that's what I keep telling myself. :ohwell:

Sometimes I had to "run" with the Ghost, hop in and start it, and quickly throw it into first. I guess your Sasha is beautiful but tempermental . . .
    I did that a lot with my first car, a 1968 Saab 96.:smile: Sasha is very beautiful and fun to drive but in the short time I've had her she has gone to the shop about once a month to to the tune of about 1k+ a piece. Still, I love her. She handles and accelerates like nothing I've ever driven before.

When I met my husband he was driving an 87' 505 STX Turbo Peugeot. (the 85' was the choice of the NYC Taxi Commission for cabs!!!) What a great ride --smooth, silent and powerful. But there was always ALWAYS something going on, usually electrical. He used to bring it to a mechanic who was German, who asked him once what do you expect from a car made by the French?? He found a mechanic that had worked in a Peugeot dealership before they tanked. He started a "peugeot club," that met weekly. It was more like group therapy. Lots of ranting :sad:
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My very first car was a fully restored 1963 Comet Caliente (props to Dad!) and my friends nicknamed it the Batmobile. But I have never named my vehicles. Right now it's "Your van", "My van" and " The truck". If we can't tell them apart by that we got problems.