what to do????

Options
Any suggestions for good afternoon snacks? I substitute teach during the day and have terrible snack cravings from the time i get home until dinner! Anyone else have this trouble and have suggestions? Problem for me is that i tend to grab some not so healthy things!!!!

Replies

• cuelgirl
    cuelgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have snack cravings as well... and its hard not to just go and eat... i'm still trying to battle this on a daily basis... this is what is helping me so far ( on most days)

- I have an apple, orange or some grapes.... if i'm really struggling, the grapes are better... because they take longer to snack on
    - I chew gum. This has REALLY helped me get through cravings...

but that is what works for me... good luck!
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum, diet coke, almonds, peanuts, cheese sticks (my favourite), small can of tuna, carrot sticks, celery sticks.
  • CateLouise
    CateLouise Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i like carrot and celery sticks with like a salsa for a bit of a kick
    also look at like bars at the supermarket
    i like the special k bars they are all under 100 cal and help with my chocolate cravings as well =D
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Diet Jelly and Fruit! its fantastic for your fruit cravings
    Boiled eggs are great as a snack - lean protein will keep you full for longer
    I like rice cakes with some vegemite on them as a snack whilst Im cooking dinner.
    Even something as simple as a good old apple is great between meals.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I exercise during this time, or find things to keep me busy!!
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually have something like on of these

apple and a few almonds (5 or 10)
    oat cakes and a teaspoon of whiolenut butter (peanut, almond etc) (nice with a cup of tea/coffee)
    a low fat yogurt

I hate the afternoon slump, ensure you have enough protein in your lunch which should also keep you full enough not to crave something too much in the afternoon.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I get done work about 3pm and am home about 4pm, I change my clothes and go to the gym straight away, even if I'm exhausted and "not feeling it". I workout for about 45 minutes to an hour then head home. I change and I feel good and THEN I grab either:

a. A Chobani greek yogurt (14g of protein!)

or

b. A rice cake with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter

and a big glass of water.

This tides me over until dinner time and I don't go overboard.