JM 30 day sHred - calories burned???

Options
Hey all u exprts out there....just starting the shred....how have you guys been logging the calories burned???

Replies

• tknnwatkins
    tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've been doing that too and LOVE it!! It's quick, I sweat, and feel like I've truly worked out!! I have been doing it as low impact aerobics because I do work at a lower pace. It says I burn about 200 calories and I;m good with that!
  • serabee5
    Options
    most people list it as circuit training
  • kebab69
    Options
    I do it as High impact because I do jump as much as I can I burn 225 but a wrigh 167lbs so that will affect the cals burnt. Here is the site I use to work out my cals burnt. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc I have just had delivery of my polar FT4 though and will use that next time I do the work out and see if the site is as acurate as it claims :)
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    HRM and just made my own workout called 30 Day Shred.
  • A70sgirl
    A70sgirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would use calisthenics high impact for her DVD.

Defined as....
    Systematic rhythmic bodily exercises (e.g., jumping jacks, push-ups), usually performed without apparatus.

And...you go girl! That DVD is tough! I haven't blown the dust off that one in a LOOOONG time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 150 pounds and I pound that workout and burn around 200 (give or take a few) from the start of the warmup to the end of the cool down. I use an HRM and write in my own workout.
  • A70sgirl
    Options
    How do you create your own exercise using your HRM? I would love to do that, because the site isn't usually spot on to the actual calories I burn with my HRM.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How do you create your own exercise using your HRM? I would love to do that, because the site isn't usually spot on to the actual calories I burn with my HRM.

When you look for an exercise, it gives you the option of creating your own. Just click on that link and add your info.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    HRM and just made my own workout called 30 Day Shred.

I also do this. I burn between 250 and 320 cals. depending how much effort I put into it
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I really recommend getting a HRM so you know just how many calories you are burning, it's an invaluable tool!
  • A70sgirl
    Options
    Thanks RML!!! I see it now! :) That's awesome.
  • slimgirlz
    Options
    Hello all,

I am new to this , what is HRM?