Stalk Much?

Options
tmarie2715
tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
Do you google someone you're dating?

If so, how do you do it without feeling like a total weirdo stalker?

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Since I have dated in.. a long time..
    I can't say I do..
    I do however google everyone my friends date..
    & I don't feel like a stalker. I just feel like a concerned human being.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So, I'm married now and when I was dating the internet was, well, a lot less than it is now. :D However, if I was dating, you bet your a** I'd google every day I even thought I might want to date. That's not stalking (I know, I was stalked for a brief period during college), it's called watching out for yourself using all available tools.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Not only do I google him, but I check our state's criminal repository, his FB page, etc. Been burned waaaaaay tooooooo many times...can't be too sure
  • jwalker30
    Options
    Honestly, I do, I always Google.

Sometimes, I check out the local court records. They are online too. I don't want to date any Felons
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree with iddreams! You are not stalking unless you are doing it in excess. Basically you want to know if there are skeletons in the closet you need to know about before you become too involved and you can escape safely! Just know some creeps family members will not talk about the skeletons that are hidden so search away. It is ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry!
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I live in Wisconsin. The state has a website where you can look up any resident and see their criminal charges, convictions, and dismissals. When I was dating, I checked it all the time. I didn't worry the small stuff, but I needed to know if there was a violent history or a history of fraud. That's simple self preservation.

I still use it to double check on my friends' dates. More than once I've had to say, "[insert friend's name], he was convicted of domestic battery."
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

I googled you.

About 997 results (0.59 seconds)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Of course I googled - it's called fact checking, nothing stalkerish about that! That's just being safe :drinker:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    You can bet if I ever have a daughter, about the time she starts dating I'll be googling guys, running car plates, googling parents etc. Nothing stalkerish IMO.

JM
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    You can bet if I ever have a daughter, about the time she starts dating I'll be googling guys, running car plates, googling parents etc. Nothing stalkerish IMO.

JM

I have three daughters, Journeyman. Never met a young man that I couldn't intimidate or influence. If you ever need a pointer, let me know.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    However, if I was dating, you bet your a** I'd google every day I even thought I might want to date. That's not stalking (I know, I was stalked for a brief period during college), it's called watching out for yourself using all available tools.

LOL
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm googling right now....

...mmmmmmm
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

JM
    So if you have a son, he's on his own, huh?
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I'm googling right now....

...mmmmmmm

I'm not sure thats what the OP had in mind ... :bigsmile:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

JM
    So if you have a son, he's on his own, huh?

Not completely, I worry less about a boy being physically taken advantage of. I'll still be googling, but won't have as many tag numbers to look up.

JM
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Uh... SO glad I'm not in the dating game. WOW
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I googled you.

About 997 results (0.59 seconds)

lol:laugh:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    When my daughter starts dating, I will be Googling the *kitten* out of any guy that she knows.
  • librarygoddess2
    librarygoddess2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do! but then again.. I google myself more so I'd say i'm stalking myself more than anyone else which makes it okay. :-) LOL
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I was single, I googled the guys I dated, and I have a few friends back home that are cops and they look at me like their little sister, so I never had to worry too much. Now if I ever have a daughter, automatic iron underwear until she's 30. If I have a son? I hope to god he does not take after his daddy, cause nothing will stop him!!:frown: