GRIPE- smelly people at the gym

Options
armon403
armon403 Posts: 30 Member
I know we all sweat. We should if we are at the gym. But why do some people smell before they get started??? Why is OK to come to the gym stinking? And it's not just BO. I was at the gym yesterday and this guy came in reeking like cigarettes. REALLY? WTF?

Replies

• cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'd rather cigarettes than what happened to me at the gym on Sunday. I was on the elliptical next to a guy who was constantly farting! Ugh, and apparently he'd been on a protein diet or something because it was really strong & distracting.
  • armon403
    Options
    That's awful!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I've opted to change up my routine because of odors. The cigs are a big on because I've always had asthma, not attacks, but breathing issues. Cigarette smoke really irritates it, same with really strong sprays like Axe.

JM
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I know we all sweat. We should if we are at the gym. But why do some people smell before they get started??? Why is OK to come to the gym stinking? And it's not just BO. I was at the gym yesterday and this guy came in reeking like cigarettes. REALLY? WTF?

Some people smoke so much no matter how many showers they took before attending the gym - they would still smell like cigarettes. The only thing that type of person can do not to smell "foul" to you is quit smoking.
  • armon403
    Options

Some people smoke so much no matter how many showers they took before attending the gym - they would still smell like cigarettes. The only thing that type of person can do not to smell "foul" to you is quit smoking.

Good point. However, it was pretty obvious that the turd had just put out his cig right before coming in to the weight room. There is another couple at the gym that actually take smoke breaks while they are "working out."
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    take smoke breaks while they are "working out."
    [/quote]

We've got one of these. I make sure I'm nowhere near his machines while I work out.

JM
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I haven't encountered smokers - thank goodness - but I've been by a couple BO nightmares. The worst for me has to be the girls that seem to put on perfume or body spray before getting on the machine. One was like the worst smelling vanilla candle ever and it was so strong that I had to get up and move. Can't people smell themselves?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Don't hate on the farters.

(farts on thread)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I've never smelled cigarettes, but I HAVE encountered the other 'bodily function' odor. Eek.

I have sinus problems so I have to breathe in extra hard/take really deep breaths when I'm in mid-cardio and odors really make that rough.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    They take smoke breaks while working out?! When I do cardio, I try to get a machine at the far left of the bank of machines. I figured out the airflow in the gym seems to flow from left to right. If I get stuck in the middle of the bank of machines, I invariably wind up with a super stinky teenage male next to me. It's not just sweat, it's their crazy BO. I don't remember boys smelling that much when I was that age. That or the old men with really bad denture breath. Ugh.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't care for smelly people anywhere.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I farted the other day.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    The smoke smell is one of the motivators that pushed me to build a home gym. The lady would follow me around the gym and smelled like she puffed a pack on her way in the door. Every peice of equipment she was on would have a lingering smell attached to it. And anytime I wanted to get a really hard pumping cardio session in she would be on the next machine. I finally had enough and had to get away from it. It cost me a pretty penny to get it setup, but the flexibility and time savings have been so worth the added expense!

I would rather have the farter next to me...at least that just comes in waves and isn't constantly there haha.
  • Zoeyme
    Options
    I totally agree... There are people who apparently wear the same sweaty clothing to the gym day in and day out, the thought is "it's already dirty and sweaty, I look horrible anyway, why dirty more clothes?"... problem with that is.. WE have to smell you!
  • armon403
    Options
    I can't believe we have been farted on...
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    I'd rather cigarettes than what happened to me at the gym on Sunday. I was on the elliptical next to a guy who was constantly farting! Ugh, and apparently he'd been on a protein diet or something because it was really strong & distracting.

Not cool...I was eating a Triscuit and spit it out I laughed so hard! I would have been laughing uncontrollably if he was near me! I do not know what it is, I am 35 years old but farts still make me laugh!

16218659.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I farted the other day.

OMG :noway: you should see a doctor about that
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we have been farted on...
    Sorry, dude. I farted in anger. I'm a big Farters' Rights guy.

(sprays some Febreeze air freshener on thread)
  • armon403
    Options
    They take smoke breaks while working out?! When I do cardio, I try to get a machine at the far left of the bank of machines. I figured out the airflow in the gym seems to flow from left to right. If I get stuck in the middle of the bank of machines, I invariably wind up with a super stinky teenage male next to me. It's not just sweat, it's their crazy BO. I don't remember boys smelling that much when I was that age. That or the old men with really bad denture breath. Ugh.

I walked into the weight room last week and there were 4 high school boys in there. JUST 4! and the whole room smelled like sweat and hormones. I don't remember smelling like that but then again it was a LONG time ago...
  • armon403
    Options
    The smoke smell is one of the motivators that pushed me to build a home gym. The lady would follow me around the gym and smelled like she puffed a pack on her way in the door. Every peice of equipment she was on would have a lingering smell attached to it. And anytime I wanted to get a really hard pumping cardio session in she would be on the next machine. I finally had enough and had to get away from it. It cost me a pretty penny to get it setup, but the flexibility and time savings have been so worth the added expense!

I would rather have the farter next to me...at least that just comes in waves and isn't constantly there haha.

I have thought about doing this. I like to people watch tho. People smelling I can do without.