Reasonable Weight Loss?

Options
Hey, is there anybody here wanting to lose weight at a reasonable 1-2lb/week pace? I've found a lot of "Lose 20lb this month!!" friends, but I'm really just going for 1lb a week and would like some buddies that share that attitude. I DO love my highly ambitious friends. They are very keen to find the kinks in a diet and that kind of perspective is great to have access to. But, I don't really feel bad about my physical appearance at all (maybe not bikini confident, but I certainly don't feel freakish or sub-par), so I've no desire to poof myself to a size 2 (or ever be a size 2...I'm not even sure that's physically possible for me). I'm training myself up physically and am making reasonable progress with that (5 min jogging/day -> 20 min jogging/day in 2 months :-D), so I don't feel like I need to kill myself and risk injury by pushing that. So, yeah, I was just wondering if there are people who are more my speed on here. :-)

Replies

• Jhardin310
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! I want to lose about 15 pounds and don't mind taking my time to get there! 1-2 lbs a week is ideal, however I've been working out for a week and watching what I eat and haven't lost a thing!! It's very discouraging, and I know it will take time but I was very surprised to weigh myself and see no weight loss :( If anything - this will just make me work harder! I can't wait to finally step on the scale and see some progress - Good luck!!
  • emmfullness
    Options
    Hmm...were you calorie tracking and portion measuring? Doing that for a week or two will usually catch where the extra is coming from. Otherwise, your base metobolic rate might be lower than originally thought. You can lift weights for that. :-)
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My goal is 35 lbs.. I would love to lose it quicker but my goals are set for .8lbs a week BC that is what is healthy and maintanable for me.
  • emmfullness
    Options
    YAY! You're losing about the same as me and at about the same rate! :-D
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    At my age, it is very hard to shed the pounds-harder than when I was in my 20s or 30s. So I have the realistic goal of 1 lb. per week. My goal is 64 by 64 (I'm 62 now). If I can do that I will be thrilled.