GRIPE- smelly people at the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we have been farted on...
    Sorry, dude. I farted in anger. I'm a big Farters' Rights guy.

(sprays some Febreeze air freshener on thread)

apology accepted. now open a window.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Not hating on farting in general. That's normal & healthy.

This one smelled like rotten eggs. I had medical concerns for the man.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It really bothers me when people get in the pool with stuff on. I know girls like to put conditioner on thinking it keeps the chlorine out of their hair...but the conditioner comes out in the water, and I have allergies to some perfumes, and it makes me feel like I'm gonna puke. I've had to stop my workout because of it.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    They take smoke breaks while working out?! When I do cardio, I try to get a machine at the far left of the bank of machines. I figured out the airflow in the gym seems to flow from left to right. If I get stuck in the middle of the bank of machines, I invariably wind up with a super stinky teenage male next to me. It's not just sweat, it's their crazy BO. I don't remember boys smelling that much when I was that age. That or the old men with really bad denture breath. Ugh.

I walked into the weight room last week and there were 4 high school boys in there. JUST 4! and the whole room smelled like sweat and hormones. I don't remember smelling like that but then again it was a LONG time ago...

You should go to a high school wrestling meet sometime. :sick:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    They take smoke breaks while working out?! When I do cardio, I try to get a machine at the far left of the bank of machines. I figured out the airflow in the gym seems to flow from left to right. If I get stuck in the middle of the bank of machines, I invariably wind up with a super stinky teenage male next to me. It's not just sweat, it's their crazy BO. I don't remember boys smelling that much when I was that age. That or the old men with really bad denture breath. Ugh.

I walked into the weight room last week and there were 4 high school boys in there. JUST 4! and the whole room smelled like sweat and hormones. I don't remember smelling like that but then again it was a LONG time ago...

You should go to a high school wrestling meet sometime. :sick:

Lol! I worked a school wrestling tournament this past weekend. Two mats going all day. The whole place still reeked of sweat, BO and Axe Monday morning.

JM
  • mamadragon
    Options
    I'd rather cigarettes than what happened to me at the gym on Sunday. I was on the elliptical next to a guy who was constantly farting! Ugh, and apparently he'd been on a protein diet or something because it was really strong & distracting.

Not cool...I was eating a Triscuit and spit it out I laughed so hard! I would have been laughing uncontrollably if he was near me! I do not know what it is, I am 35 years old but farts still make me laugh!

LMAO!!!! Good thing I wasn't eating anything. At times I also laugh when someone farts, whats even funnier is when they fart and look around to see if anyone heard/smelt it.
  • mamadragon
    Options
    When I use to go to the gym,( besides the smelly smokers and the women that have to put on tons of body spray), two people that I would sometimes get stuck next to on the cardio machines, smelled like they dived into a septic pool. OMG!! I almost barfed once. It was so gross. My daughter was with me one time and had no problems voicing her opinion. Both of the smellaholics looked offended, I burst out laughing in their faces.
  • Pete1471
    Pete1471 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    One time I was at the gym, a guy turned up in what I guess was his lunch break. Suit, tie etc. He got changed did a cardio workout for about 45-50 minutes so was really sweaty. After he finihed he went back to the changing room, wiped himself down with his towel, no shower first just a wipe down then put his original clothes on and back off to work in the offices over the road.

I admit I didn't always shower after a gym workout because I'm embarassed being seen at my size. The difference id I live 10 minute walk from the gym so walk home in my gym gear and have a shower at home. I would never do a hard work out and just wipe myself down and go back to work in an office again.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Totally on purpose. I very infrequently wash my gym clothes - and I am SWEATER for sure. People keep their distance, and I like that.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I else would I remove the talkers from the gym equipment so I can use them. I usually change out my deodorant for Garlic and rub it on my arm pits and it helps. I get my workout and im out
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    A good treadmill or elliptical has a fan that works like the air on an airplane and keeps everyone in their own "pew".