Leslie Sansone - Walking work-outs at home - Amazing!!

Options
I came across Leslie Sansone, Part 1, Start Quick & Easy, 1 Mile Walking and
Part 2, Burn Fat & Back it Down, 2 Mile Walking

Wow, i am so super-duper impressed!!

In terms of logging this into my exercise goals, does anyone know what amount of calories one burns for these workouts?

I would be grateful for any info on this, thanks in advance ;-)

Replies

• PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about her DVDs. SO you walk at home?
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yes I do walk at home. Find it on YouTube - i am so impressed!!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been curious about her DVDs. SO you walk at home?

Yes, you walk at home and they can be done at home in front of your tv / dvd player / computer. I have Leslie's 1, 2 and 3 mile walks on dvd that I bought on ebay.

I really like to use the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away The Pounds" videos. She has all different ones from 1 mile to 5 miles.

Also, there is a site that you can look up (collagevideo dot com) that has different exercise videos and you can see a clip of the video, and that may help you decide later on which to buy or not buy if you choose to go out and buy some......

Hope this helps :smile:
  • C110266
    C110266 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I came across Leslie Sansone, Part 1, Start Quick & Easy, 1 Mile Walking and
    Part 2, Burn Fat & Back it Down, 2 Mile Walking

Wow, i am so super-duper impressed!!

In terms of logging this into my exercise goals, does anyone know what amount of calories one burns for these workouts?

I would be grateful for any info on this, thanks in advance ;-)

I have several of her DVD's and they are great but I have the same prob you do with calories burned. I recently got the 5 mile and OMG it is an excellent workout....fast paced...gotta be really ready to do that one. :) I also have her 3 and 4 mile. Love them for backup exercise at home.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    your best option is to buy a heart rate monitor so you can get the most accurate calorie burn. Otherwise, I'd just log it as walking in the database, they have different paces that you can chose from but they might not be accurate.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love these. I have her 2 mile walk/30 min. It's great and easy on my bad knees I am still trying to figure out the calories though.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I love these!

The best advice I can offer about tracking the calories burned is to purchase a HRM. That really is the only way to get an accurate count.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I love leslie sansone's DVDs!!
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's workouts. I have several of her DVD's. I do them just about everyday. I have knee & back issues & I can even do them.. On how you log them.. I was logging them as walking.. But her workouts are not typical walking. I log them under low impact aerobics & how much time it takes me to do it.. I have seen several posts on this in the past. and thats what other people were doing to.. Good luck...
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    General rule of thumb is about 100 calories per mile... That's a rough estimate though. Running burns a little more, and walking sometimes burns a little less, so depending on the specific add-on moves in your particular video, it should even out to the 100 cals.

I think these videos are great for getting back into fitness! I used them before when I was feeling too discouraged to do much else, and I love that they keep you moving steadily without a bunch of complicated choreography or flailing around.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 60 pounds because of LESLIE SANSONE! I LOVE HER!!
  • spubnik
    Options
    love them, have so many of them. ;) I have been using her for 17 years. :) a great way to avoid excuses to not have to go outside during this time of year. or when its hot, or raining, or whatever the excuse maybe. lol
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have her 3 mile dvd and have been doing it for weeks. This morning I used my heart rate monitor to see how many calories i burned. So for 3 miles I burned 244 calories. I guess everyone is different though, I mean age, and weight are also factors.
    but not bad for a quick morning work out.
  • leechynut
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie's DVD's also! I log them on here as aerobics. However, if you figure a mile every 15 minutes it would be 4mph of walking which I think burns roughly the same amount of calories maybe a few less.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • apaige1523
    Options
    I love her videos. Just recently bought the 5 mile - Fat Burning and it is a great workout, whether you do 1 or 5 miles.

I personally log it as walking at the correct pace. From what I understand her to say, the videos are equal to walking the mileage at the given pace.
  • jktjcca
    Options
    Love them! Getting ready to do my 5 now! :)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    Ignore and read below. It posted twice and won't let me delete.
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    I use to do these once in a while when we still had the exercise channel on demand. She makes it fun. :) The general rule of 100 cals per mile is for running, not walking. And it is an estimate. If you don't have a HRM, I would just go by the amount here on MFP for walking. You can get your pace just by calculating the miles/time (hours).
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    I use to do these once in a while when we still had the exercise channel on demand. She makes it fun. :) The general rule of 100 cals per mile is for running, not walking. And it is an estimate. If you don't have a HRM, I would just go by the amount here on MFP for walking. You can get your pace just by calculating the miles/time (hours).

You are right, I stand corrected :)