Tuna Lovers! HELP!

Options
Okay, i have this craving for tuna at least once a day. I love it, i make tuna pasta regularly and fill it with vegetables :) mmm. I even sit and eat tins of it at a time just from the tin with a fork.. Oh dear :3.

Anyway, anyone know some good recipes i can throw this tuna in to? <3

Replies

• kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Tuna is wonderful. Honestly, I love grilled tuna fish sandwiches the most. They're so hearty and not that high on the calorie scale. Just make sure to use light miracle whip when doing so. 50 kcal slices of bread don't hurt either.

Edit: My wife likes to make tuna macaroni and cheese. It's not bad.
  • thekat78
    thekat78 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well...
    This is gonna sound really weird BUT

I mix solid white albacore tuna with
    1/2cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup shredder cheese (any kind)
    6 slices oven roasted turkey breast (oscar mayer)
    mustard
    OR I substitute the turkey for 2 vegan meatless dogs.

Plenty of protein, all in one bowl! lol
    You can eat it with crackers, on bread. It's SO good!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    oooh yes tuna lasagna yummy x
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love tuna cakes. All you need is tuna, bread crumbs, an egg, and whatever seasoning you want.
  • OrangeUK
    Options
    Thank you!

Oh i know it is amazing. It's full of Omega 3 and i have heard it is really good for your body and brain. Always loved it, always will... Considering taking a trip to ASDA to go buy some more right now as i have run out!

Mmmm.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I too eat tuna straight from the tin, sometimes with a shot of mustard, other times just straight.... I’ve scrambled it with eggs and green onions...

I was eating it every single day until somebody pointed out the dangers of mercury poisoning related to Tuna. And although I typically do not heed what the American government says is safe for me. The information I read caused me to stop and think... now I just have it 2-3 times a week and I truly miss it.
  • OrangeUK
    Options
    Well...

mustard

Oh Lord that sounds gooooood.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I add fresh salsa and chop up a jalapeno or 2, mix and eat
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Tuna is a staple for me. I love mine mixed with salsa - throw in some fresh mushrooms and white rice. Yummy!
  • ionlyhavesporx
    Options
    Tuna, artichoke hearts, dried cranberries, pine nuts, light italian dressing.

Place on lettuce and fold into pita.

Healthy deliciousness.
  • OrangeUK
    Options
    I too eat tuna straight from the tin, sometimes with a shot of mustard, other times just straight.... I’ve scrambled it with eggs and green onions...

I was eating it every single day until somebody pointed out the dangers of mercury poisoning related to Tuna. And although I typically do not heed what the American government says is safe for me. The information I read caused me to stop and think... now I just have it 2-3 times a week and I truly miss it.

You should buy canned Tuna as it has considerably less Mercury than Tuna Steaks. Oh, and Lighter Tuna Cans have next to no Mercury in them!!

And Tuna is so good for the body!
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Well...

mustard

This sounds awesome.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I eat Ahi Tuna steaks, MR, with wasabi and soy. Sometimes I put that combination on top of a salad or rice noodles.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I think I have the strangest one yet, since my husband is the only person who wasn't too scared to try it:

1 can of tuna
    2 tablespoons of sweet relish
    1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar

It's more of a sweet tuna, but I love it on whole wheat crackers. I can't stand mayo, eggs, mustard, etc. I have no idea how I came across this strange concoction.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    try making your tuna sandwiches with tzatziki sauce instead of mayo. its a lot lower calorie and adds a lot of flavor.

also try mixing new things in. i like dill relish. peppers. onion. ect.

sometimes i make lil cooked tuna patties as well. just add an egg, onion, A 1 sauce, bread crumbs. and form into patties n cook like a burger. make them tiny though, because they don't hold together very well otherwise.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options

You should buy canned Tuna as it has considerably less Mercury than Tuna Steaks. Oh, and Lighter Tuna Cans have next to no Mercury in them!!

How does that compute? I'm not being snarky, just wonder.....if there is mercury in tuna, how does it magically disappear once canned?
  • OrangeUK
    Options
    try making your tuna sandwiches with tzatziki sauce instead of mayo. its a lot lower calorie and adds a lot of flavor.

also try mixing new things in. i like dill relish. peppers. onion. ect.

sometimes i make lil cooked tuna patties as well. just add an egg, onion, A 1 sauce, bread crumbs. and form into patties n cook like a burger. make them tiny though, because they don't hold together very well otherwise.

Sounds rather delish! If i can find some of that sauce in the UK i will be sure to give it a try :)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Last night I had tuna (canned) with bleu cheese crumbles and a bit of low cal miracle whip. YUM.
  • OrangeUK
    Options

How does that compute? I'm not being snarky, just wonder.....if there is mercury in tuna, how does it magically disappear once canned?

I'm not sure, but i have read it in a few places now :P
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    PERUVIAN TUNA CEVICHE

Ingredients :
    2 cans tuna fillets (6 oz each), drained and flaked
    Juice of 5 limes
    3 onions, cut into thick julienne
    2 fresh yellow aji, seeded and deveined, chopped
    8 lettuce leaves
    6 thick slices of cooked yellow sweet potatoes
    6 thick slices of cooked corn
    2 tablespoons chopped celery stalks
    1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
    1 tablespoon parsley leaves, chopped
    1 teaspoon blended fresh yellow aji
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    Salt
    Pepper

Preparation:

Combine onions, lime juice and celery in a bowl. Add flaked tuna, chopped aji, blended aji and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 30 minutes.
    Arrange on a serving dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley and cilantro and garnish with lettuce leaves. Serve with corn and slices of cooked yellow sweet potato.

How to fillet, skin and debone fish

4 serving