PLATEAU!!!

Options
Now FOUR WEEKS of no movment---I have tried various things---upping the calories (not going over though) DEFINITLELY NOT in "starvation" mode by the numbers. I have changed ethe exercise to "shake it up" a bit---biking, walk-jogging. squats to build up the quads---

when I stand I even try to remember to bend my knees slighly to keep those large quadricp muscles engaged---I don't lock my knees----hula hooping )with the real thing) my waist is killing me BUT NO WEIGHT LOSS AND NO INCHES LOST

In MArch I met my MAY goal so I was TWO months ahead of scheule ---NOW I am FALLING beihing my 2 pound a week goal---heck I'd be happy with HALF a pound a week at this rate!!!

JUST VENTING----I have read every suggestion on this site and tried them ---next advice will be to "wait it out" I am trying but it is discouraging-

THe only thing is that I ahve been under a lot of stress and think my cortisol levels must be prevenitng weight loss---that stress has just be lifted to a large degree and I hope now that my body stress hormones will allow me to get ti off---you think----thanks for listening!!!

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awwww I'm sorry to hear that. Just keep doing what your doing, maybe switch to one pound a week?

But hopefully all your hard work will pay off soon in one way or another!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    You could rethink your goals of loosing 2 pounds a week. Bring your goals down to 1-1 1/2 pounds a week for a few weeks. This way you can allow yourself extra cals everyday. Since you are 2 months ahead of schedual your body is actually saying you need to slow down on the weight loss, because if you don't your body will make that decision for you. Hope this helps you
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium levels, and make sure you're not going over in sodium, that would make you retain water. 2 pounds a week is pretty high for most people, unless you're extremely overweight. Which you're not... I would change it to 1 or 1.5 pounds per week, stick to that for a monthto six weeks, and then see. But because you've made changes in that month.. you didn't give it enough time.

Since you're also not seeing inches, is it possible you are overestimating your workout cals (do you have an HRM?) or that you are underestimating portions you're eating? Wogging burns a LOT of calories...

I'm right there with ya, seems like I plateau for a month, drop like crazy for a week or two, then plateau for a month... I have more weight than you to lose, too, so you think it wouldn't be happening to me, but my body keeps getting used to what I'm doing (I've added a personal trainer in the last 2 months too, still no change!) and now i"ve started step aerobics classes, if I don't see some movement soon I'm going to stop eating my exercise cals!!!:noway:
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Awww, that's the cheekiest cat I've ever seen! :love:

How about your sleep? You said you are under a lot of stress, I'm guessing you're not getting enough rest either. This could hold your metabolism back too, right?
    Give yourself a little time for your life to get less stressful, meantime don't give up what you're doing; vent here, if you need to, but from where I satnd from, you are doing great! Look at the pounds you already shed!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can I vent too?? I hate the end of the day "If every day were like today... you'd weigh xxx in 5 weeks"!!! That would obviously only be true if there were no such things as plateaus!
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    Has anyone found that to be somewhat accurate?
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Can I vent too?? I hate the end of the day "If every day were like today... you'd weigh xxx in 5 weeks"!!! That would obviously only be true if there were no such things as plateaus!

ha ha---yes I shoudl be 205 by now!!!!! I am sleeping great --and I have a HRM so not overestimating calories burned---I AM going to give "WOGGING" a go--as much as I hate jogging---but did it a couple of times and my heart rate was much higher.