Tips for Working from Home???

Options
2»

Replies

• twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I work from home, and I think that's when I put on my most weight...wearing sweatpants every day and free access to a fridge all day didnt' do my any good. Since starting MFP I work out during my lunch...I either talk a walk or do a work out video.... and as someone said a stability ball does wonders.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog three times a day. I pace in my office a lot. I live on the third floor so I walk a food amount of steps just walking my dog.

As stated a lot of things you can do.
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Been working from my home office for over the past 15 years. Structure is huge. Like was said above, schedule work, schedule lunch, and schedule gym time.
    Not enough time.....easy fix, get up 1/2 hour earlier, and go outside for a walk. I used to do this, now I run, bike or swim 2-3 mornings a week. I love being up before everyone, it gives me a little "me" time before the day actually starts.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Since you work from home you can just break up your workout thoughout the day. Like little 10 min things here and there. It really adds up! And definately schedule some actual time for a full blown workout!
  • barwwd
    barwwd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I work from home and recently made friends with a girl who has a dog walking business. So on my lunch break I take a dog for a run, which breaks up my day, earns a little cash on the side, and provides some forced exercise. Good alternative if you don't have a dog of your own to walk. :-D Also, walk to errands if your neighborhood provides it... I walk to the grocery, library, ect. I also do a little cleaning when I need a break and it gets me up and moving. Good luck!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I do squats or calf raise while I make my coffee...I also get up at least once an hour to keep the blood flowing (do that in the office too)...I am saving the commute time, so I find it is actually easier to get exercise in!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I work from home as well.
    Every hour I work one body part from this menu.
    http://www.unique-bodyweight-exercises.com/index.html

And I own one those mini-trampolines that I jog on while talking on the phone or listening to boring conference calls.
    It's GREAT!

Hahahaha... I have been known to walk slowly on the treadmill sometimes while doing the same thing -- not enough to get out of breath but enough to kill the boredom.
    There are ALWAYS possibilities.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You do not have to go to a gym to get a great workout. After doing the INSANITY video with no extra bells and whistles, I am finding that your own body weight can be used as a personal gym!! Invest in home videos, like P-90 or Insanity to name a few from Beachbody. Take advantage of your lunch breaks and get to work!!! If financially possible you may want to invest in a treadmill at home, or other workout equipment that you can do while working. Replacing your chair with a fitness ball… There is so much to try, use what you have and own it! Good Luck!
  • mluchies
    Options
    I do get a lunch. I have tried a couple of times going to the gym on lunch, hard to keep going consistently, especially when I get busy with work and don't take a lunch until much later.
  • mluchies
    Options
    I like these, thank you!
  • mluchies
    Options
    Very nice ideas! My future brother in law lives 200 ft away and has two dogs. Taking a dog for a run would be great during my lunch break, much less boring than trying to do it alone.
  • anpilson
    anpilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can also stand for 10 minutes for every hour of work you sit down for. If you've spent more than half of the hour sitting, stand for at least 10 minutes. You can still get your work done, but you burn more calories than just sitting.