Woman's Day Magazine....body gets use to same exercise..

Options
auntkaren
auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
An article I read today in Woman's Day magazine on exercises, stated that the body gets use to the same exercise done everyday. If you walk everyday, as I do, it says the body will get use to it and the solution is to change your exercise every other day. Go for your usual walk one day and the next day do something different , then the next day go for the walk. It also suggest that during your usual walk to break into a power walk for about 5minutes then go back to your normal pace. Power walk is to speed up the pace and move your arms with it.

Replies

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    An article I read today in Woman's Day magazine on exercises, stated that the body gets use to the same exercise done everyday. If you walk everyday, as I do, it says the body will get use to it and the solution is to change your exercise every other day. Go for your usual walk one day and the next day do something different , then the next day go for the walk. It also suggest that during your usual walk to break into a power walk for about 5minutes then go back to your normal pace. Power walk is to speed up the pace and move your arms with it.
  • Omni2463
    Omni2463 Posts: 36
    Options
    've read that too, your body becomes efficient at the exercise that you always do, so you burn less cals than when you first started it. I often walk and run on the treadmil, each week i increase distance and incline, this keeps it always a challenge for me.
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My mom was lecturing me on that today.