Miss Olympia 1980 vs. 2012

Options

Replies

• kcrojas630
    kcrojas630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough you see the same results with men... post 1980 vs. 2012 man please.

PS that thigh gap, how do i get mine? :wink:

I think I have to go back further for men. Arnold was 1970 and he was on the juice, right?

1965:
    160px-Larry-Scott.jpg

img_10601285407970.jpg

Notice the difference in "package" size, too!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    The '80's girl is so hot! the second one should be a poster child for steroid abuse.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make fun of the 2012 winner. It took a lot of time, hard work, dedication and the permanent sacrifice of her menstrual cycle to make her what she is: A champion.

I don't know much about steroids but I think natural women have to work harder than those who take steroids (which is of course why they are banned in sports and power lifting), so no, I don't admire her hard work.

and if she's making the best of a thyroid condition that naturally gives her more testosterone?

You've got to be kidding me.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make fun of the 2012 winner. It took a lot of time, hard work, dedication and the permanent sacrifice of her menstrual cycle to make her what she is: A champion.

I don't know much about steroids but I think natural women have to work harder than those who take steroids (which is of course why they are banned in sports and power lifting), so no, I don't admire her hard work.

and if she's making the best of a thyroid condition that naturally gives her more testosterone?

So all modern preceived steriod using body-building women have thyroid conditions that gives her more testosterone than even a average man? Normal levels for a man are: 300-1200 ng/dL. for a woman: 30-95 ng/dL. So even if she (or ALL of them) had 3 times normal levels that put her at the very bottom of normal for a man.

My point was that judging someone by how they look and how YOU feel about how they look is wrong. Unless you know her personally, you don't know where she's coming from, you don't know what she's going through, and you don't know how hard she's working.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    #1- :smile:

#2- :noway:
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I say: "To each their own", in these peoples's eyes I probably look gross with my flabby belly and extra fat.

That "Miss Olympia" look is not MY ideal look, but if it's theirs, well, it's their choice.

I just wish I had that kind of dedication to get my butt into shape (I'm working at it lol).
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Wow... I miss the '80's!

Alright... let's not get crazy.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I think you missed the sarcasm. I'm totally making fun of her "hard work." And if it's a thyroid condition, she should totally get it treated.

The Miss Olympia of 1980 would probably compete in a Ms Fitness competition today. The whole field has evolved into something different. It was about natural muscles and strength... and now it's something else.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Testosterone, dianabol, winstrol, parabolin, anavar,
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I find it really silly to even think about comparing these two women. First of all, 1980 was the first year Ms Olynpia was even held, and bodybuilding wasnt that big among women at that time so naturally you will not find a very bulk women no matter how hard you look. Second of all, in 1995 they added Fitness Olympia which is probably the one the 1980s version would be competing in, would she compete today.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I say: "To each their own", in these peoples's eyes I probably look gross with my flabby belly and extra fat.

That "Miss Olympia" look is not MY ideal look, but if it's theirs, well, it's their choice.

I just wish I had that kind of dedication to get my butt into shape (I'm working at it lol).

thank you.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yuck. 1980 please
  • gailashton
    Options
    WOW - Amazing. You are a true lifetime competitor. You are what I dreamed of! Amazing!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Why some women want to look like men, I'll never know. While I am super impressed with the fitness level of both bodies, I personally would not want to do that to my own. Pic one, all the way!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pictures like this make me scared to lift!!!!!!!!!
  • melrose09
    Options
    Who's the fella on the bottom?

Bahaha...but so true! She probably is more of a fella than a lady with all the "enhancers" she took to get that big. But good for her if that is what she wants!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Pictures like this make me scared to lift!!!!!!!!!

Why? Muscle is impossible to build unless you have an excess of calories. Indeed, even then, its extremely slow going.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bigger is not always better. Old school bodybuilders were more statuesque in their appearance than their contemporaries. Some of these guys (and gals) look like freaks than chiseled.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I totally admire the dedication it takes for a woman to put on that kind of muscle. A friend of mine recently got her pro card as a body builder and while I'm not interested in attaining that size, her commitment over the years is commendable. Not all body builders of that size use steriods - in fact you have to be clean for many of the competitions.

The name of Miss Olympia is Iris Kyle. We take care on this site not to bash the over weight or obese and excersize the same when it comes to these women.

I couldn't agree with you more! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is something we all want to fix about ourselves or we wouldn't be sharing this site. To each his or her own...
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough you see the same results with men... post 1980 vs. 2012 man please.

PS that thigh gap, how do i get mine? :wink:

I think I have to go back further for men. Arnold was 1970 and he was on the juice, right?

img_10601285407970.jpg

Hulk Maaaaddddddd!

Did anyone else's eyes go straight to the teeny tiny purple pants???