54 Weeks, 187 lbs down, Half the Man I use to be at least we

Options

Replies

• crazybusymomma
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! An amazing job. Give ms hope! I have a 150 to lose have lost the first 78 but seems like such a long way to reach the rest! After reading this I now know I can do it! So happy for you and your wife!
  • KemahSunshine
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing....May God bless you with a beautiful family!!! :happy:
  • kimray75
    kimray75 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So My wife and I began our trip down healthy lane on January 13th, 2011. We chose to forego Gastric Bypass after researching it and began a diet and nutrition plan with a local hospital. I lost 120-130 lbs in the first 6 or 7 months and since then have begun working with a personal trainer who has been very helpful in putting together a weight lifting/cardio program to shrink my loose skin. The weight is still coming off, and I still have a couple lbs to lose before I want to put on 10 lbs of lean muscle.

awesomeme-1-1.jpg

I use to walk 2 miles in about 40 minutes and now I can do two miles in under 20 minutes, I can run for an hour at a time. I love to run but now I am more focused on the muscle building side so limit my cardio to one full hour a week, but I do mix in short cardio sessions with my weight training for warm up and cool downs.

My wife and I have one goal left and that is to have a child, still a work in progress. Outside of having our life and health back we have had some interviews with a national magazine, our weightloss center did a promotional video with us, and on Thursday we are getting interviewed by the local NBC affiliate. We are super excited. We have met a lot of great inspiring people on here and MFP has become an integral tool in not only losing the weight, but helping us truely realize the contents of what we put into our body. My day before losing this weight was really three or four days worth of food, it's pretty eye opening.

Simply amazing! What a transformation!
  • kara0622
    Options
    great job :) You look great :) congrats :)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words, anyone know a good plastic surgeon that does pro bono work.
  • Brooks088
    Options
    You look amazing!! What a great job! Thanks for posting pics so the rest of us can see that it truly can be done! Best wishes to you and your wife!!
  • SassyMrsSpencer
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! well done!!!
    and best of luck with the baby!!! - you life will change again with children! lol
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am just starting my journey. If you dont mind me asking with your diabetes how do you treat it now? My blood sugar was 280s and my aic was 9. I am hoping to eventually get off mt meds. I am hoping I can!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Damn good job! Awesome!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    You look great! I am just starting my journey. If you dont mind me asking with your diabetes how do you treat it now? My blood sugar was 280s and my aic was 9. I am hoping to eventually get off mt meds. I am hoping I can!

I don't treat it with anything but a good diet and exercise. The doctor didn't put me on anything when I found out I had diabetes cause he said after losing some weight I wouldn't need it.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Very inspiring!

Katie
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, you look great! I bet you feel a lot better about yourself too.
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! I just started working out on December 21 and currently it takes me just under 40 minutes to walk 2 miles. I can't even imagine walking twice as fast, much less doing it and keeping it up for a while. I want to get there too! Congratulations!
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. You did fantastic.

Congratulations!!!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! well done!!!
    and best of luck with the baby!!! - you life will change again with children! lol

uhhh...hopefully for the better? I hope.
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's really awesome! Congratulations to you both!
  • sarahdatace
    Options
    Incredible transformation!!!!!!! Congratulations!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome Jay
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!