Looking for fruit/veggie snack ideas

Options
Looking for some ideas for fruit and veggie snack ideas. I like combining things so I get some protein too.

Here's my current favorites:
Strawberries and greek yogurt
Strawberries and sugar free chocolate pudding
fruit cup and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
carrots and hummus
apples and peanut/almond butter

Any other suggestions??

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i eat celery with pb sometimes. and raisins, because i like to make ants on a log.

i pair light string cheese with carrots sometimes. or apples with a slice of cheddar. mmm!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE apple slices and celery with macadamia/cashew butter!
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    The ideas sound yummy! (i dont like cottage cheese though!)

Chicken dipped in hummus is soooo good, and even though pita bread isnt healthy, its great with hummus and extra virgin olive oil! =)
    (even though those have nothing to do with fruits/veggies ... sorry! They are ideas though) =)
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thinly sliced baked zucchini slices and add salt and pepper. Makes great healthy Chips!
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    i like grape tomatoes. i can eat them plain or i'll pack them with baby carrots and hummus in a zip lock bag as a snack for school.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Bananas, pineapple and strawberries with chocolate syrup and vanilla yogurt-it is like a banana split
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I like broccoli & hummus. also I know this is lacking protein, but I LOVE cucumbers with salsa.
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump to read later - looks like some great ideas for lunch boxes
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    baked kale with olive oil, salt and pepper. they turn into crispy kale chips :)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bananas, pineapple and strawberries with chocolate syrup and vanilla yogurt-it is like a banana split

Good idea for that sweet tooth thing!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i LOVE sugar snap peas dipped in light ranch dressing.
  • ssmith_1983
    Options
    My favorite is cutting a cucumber in half lengthwise and scooping the seeds out then scooping in fat free cream cheese (rolled in pepper and galic powder). mmmm mmm
  • virgomuse
    virgomuse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    These are crowd pleasers at my house

Apple slices w/ cheese, almond butter or nutella
    Grapes, rasberries, blueberries, blackberries are great finger foods, easy to pack and eat on the go. Pair them w/ nuts, like almonds (esp. the coco dusted ones.. mmm yummy)
    Sweet peppers (the small red, yellow, or orange ones) stuffed with goat cheese and herbs. (serve cold for a snack, warm for an easy appitizer)
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I knew this was a good thing to ask!!
    I am cooking tenders by themselves right now, will try some with hummus! Also adding snap peas to my grocery list and will be looking for the macadamia/cashew butter. I have almond butter already.

Saw a couple of comments about cucumbers... I wish I liked them more :( Have never tried kale before, maybe that'll be another new food this month. Trying spaghetti squash tonight!
  • Tladyone
    Tladyone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt with Nature Valley Honey and Oat bar crumbled into the yogurt. One bar at a time though!
  • ssmith_1983
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is the bomb!