Vegan Food Suggestions

Options
I'm trying out a vegan lifestyle for the next 21 days with a group of people. I was wondering did anybody know of any good vegan recipes or quick snacks?

please help

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hummus and crackers/veggies

beans and rice

veggie burgers or veggie dogs

salad with fruit and nuts

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

oatmeal

there are hundreds of easy to make vegan things
  • NixxFightingFit
    Options
    Try this website and you can modify the recipes to include less sugar and wholemeal flours:
    http://www.myveganplanet.com/
  • radarmash
    Options
    you can google vegan recipes and you will find hundreds of them. Also youtube has a lot on it. I became vegan 2 years ago and pretty much everything you make with meat you can do without meat or dairy. it's just a matter of getting used to some of the new ingredients you will encounter. health food stores are a good started because the staff should be well educated and able to answer your questions about products. veggies and hummus are my definate go to yum! and i also eat rice crackers. cashew and almond nuts are delicious for a snack and good for protein. i will add hemp seed and sunflower seeds to my salad to make it more filling. celery is a low cal option and add a little natural peanut butter and you up the nutrients. there are some very yummy tasting veggie sausages but you should watch because a lot of these products are high in sodium. a company called so good makes the best products, they have coconut milk (so good for yoiu) in different flavours also they have a "yoghurt" which is so creamy and delicious. you can even find vegan ice cream made with coconut milk. another favourite of mine is pita pizza's. i buy the whole grain wraps add a little pesto sauce or leftover spaghetti sauce and then chopped veggies, pop in the oven on 350 for 12 min or so and you it so delicious! sorry for rambling but i have so many amazing recipes i have come across. hope this helps
  • Chavellek
    Chavellek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys, I will defintitely try out some of these ideas.