How many days a week do you workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• Dorianlg
    Dorianlg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Per week I do 5 to 6 days of cardio, aiming to jog at least 3 times a week and arc trainer/bicycle the other two. I aim to do resistance training 4 days a week, with two leg/core days and two arms/back/core days. I do the non-high impact workouts on the days I do leg training. I try to keep to my regimen as hard as I can, training primarily to run, but also trying to improve my cycling muscles for eventually taking on a Tri.
  • verozhou
    Options
    At least 4 days but usually 5. Training for a marathon so have to constantly stay on top of cardio and endurance. Having a tangible goal keeps me motivated and on schedule.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    4-5 days cardio and weights! 45 min. cardio and 30 min. weights.
  • DebbiesHardWork
    DebbiesHardWork Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trying to hit the gym 4 days a week with a long power walk on the 3 days I'm not at the gym. I'll put an emphasis on "trying". Somehow on Wednesday evenings, I have a hard time getting a workout in. Can't get over the hump on hump day I guess!
  • fajitatx
    Options
    at least three days a week, lately 4-5. At least an hour of intense working out or swimming laps, I try to swim after every workout for at least 30 minutes.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    About 5-6 days a week, sometimes 7 but as I go harder, I need more rest days.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Three days of weight training per week with cardio on four days. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I hike for 40 minutes or more in the hills near my house. On the weekends, I head off to the mountains and hike for two or three hours.

I just got started--but the three times a week weight training is the schedule my trainer set for me. She said that's all I need as long as I engage in cardio on the other days.
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    7 days a week even if it is just a short ab session or a run, but i always try to burn at least 300 calories minimum
  • KellyAFraley
    Options
    I run on the Elliptical 5-8 miles 6 days a week. I want to do 7 days a week, but right now I need at least one rest day.
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I go for 5 days, but I give all I can. Weekends are reserved for homework since I don't have time to do a lot of it when I workout during the week.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Every other day to the gym for an intense workout, then some milder, walk, calisthenics, whatever I am not too tired to do in between. One day a week off. Doing a big cleanup and reorganize at work right now so getting a few miles in there.
  • GardenKat99
    Options
    The spouse and I walk four dogs at about the 4.0 mile pace 6 nights a week. We're averaging 3 miles/night. It feels awesome after a long day of work. The next couple of weeks I want to take 2 nights a week for resistance training.:flowerforyou:
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    Been doing 7 days a week. At least 30 mins to an hour a day.