Not Happy

Options
I have been jogging for over a year now. In the last 2 months I have been really working hard at the jogging, cycling , and dvds. I have been watching what I eat and I am not losing anything. I do feel better and yes I know muscle weights more than fat. I am at 136.5 and would like to get to 125 . When will the weight start dropping. TIA

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You need to do more than workout. Your eating makes a huge difference. Are you under your calorie limit? Are you eating your workout calories back?

Also, it's impossible to gain significant muscle that quickly, so don't presume you have. Most likely, you are retaining water instead.

Please read this for some tips that might be helpful to you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies
  • ajax321
    ajax321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a read of your link. Great info to follow. I am watching what I am eating. I guess I could be better and do my best to stay under. Thanks
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I had a read of your link. Great info to follow. I am watching what I am eating. I guess I could be better and do my best to stay under. Thanks

Don't beat yourself up. Just take a big deep breath and remember this is not a sprint but a marathon. Compared to most folks, you don't have a lot to lose, so it might take you a lot longer to drop a lb than someone who is very overweight. Just be patient and realistic about things. :smile: