Great reminder :)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    You always post awesome things Chris!
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    This is the one that surprised me:

11. The only way you ‘shock’ the body into growth is to continually increase the activity stimuli load NOT by changing exercises around or doing different exercises.
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-Bump!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This is the one that surprised me:

11. The only way you ‘shock’ the body into growth is to continually increase the activity stimuli load NOT by changing exercises around or doing different exercises.

Don't tell Tony Horton that! :tongue:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    bump
    cat-jumps-off-ledge.gif
  • mis251190
    Options
    So in order to lose weight i need to burn more then 1200 calories a day???
  • chrisdavey
    Options

I have no idea where you got that idea from. Your total calorie intake must be less than the amount of energy you burn. That is dependent on your weight, height, BF% & activity level. This is called TDEE.

If you are saying that you currently eat 1200 cals per day & you want to burn 1200 in exercise calories this would be a terrible idea as you're net cal intake would be 0. You're TDEE could be 2000cals per day. 0-2000= -2000. Do this 7 days a week for a 14000cal deficit per week. That is WAAAAAAAY too much. You're healthy deficit will depend on how much weight you have to lose. Larger people can get away with larger deficits. Leaner people have to have much smaller deficits to preserve muscle mass.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

I have no idea where you got that idea from. Your total calorie intake must be less than the amount of energy you burn. That is dependent on your weight, height, BF% & activity level. This is called TDEE.

If you are saying that you currently eat 1200 cals per day & you want to burn 1200 in exercise calories this would be a terrible idea as you're net cal intake would be 0. You're TDEE could be 2000cals per day. 0-2000= -2000. Do this 7 days a week for a 14000cal deficit per week. That is WAAAAAAAY too much. You're healthy deficit will depend on how much weight you have to lose. Larger people can get away with larger deficits. Leaner people have to have much smaller deficits to preserve muscle mass.

I am wondering if these sorts of things come from the whole "if you eat a twinkie, you have to burn this many calories to burn it off" thing the diet industry writes about. Some people honestly think they need to burn off everything they eat through exercise if they want to lose weight. I want to do an animated youtube video or something that explains all the basics of weight loss so everybody can understand.
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    13. Abs are achieved by having a low body fat NOT by doing abdominal crunches.

Does this mean I can stop doing crunches for right now???:bigsmile:
  • strela32
    Options
    rofl............

Rocky was a movie. You are not Rocky and you are not in a movie. Cook your damn eggs, do not drink them raw. You can not digest a raw egg, you are not that tough.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Be aware of Salmonela! LOL
  • chrisdavey
    Options

You should do planks anyway. Engage the whole core, not just the front :)
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump :love:
  • shazamonster
    Options
    I think it was #42- well said! So true.
  • Thanks for posting my ''article'' Chris. Cheque is in the mail buddy!

Also wow thank you all for the kind words, I'm glad you found it entertaining as well as informative etc.

I have been extremely busy and have not had much time to write lately but I've been asked to do some articles for an online Bodybuilding and Fitness magazine so there will be more to come in the near future.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

You should do planks anyway. Engage the whole core, not just the front :)

Agreed - planks make my muscles burn more than crunches and work other areas in addition to your core.

Thanks for posting this - some great stuff!
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Finally. This is perfect. Thanks again as always Chris...