No need for a scale, 420 pounds and I feel great!

Options
Hey!

I started my weight loss journey exactly 20 days ago today. I weigh (Or weighed) Somewhere between 400-440 pounds, I will never know because I bought the highest capacity scale from weight watchers and broke it. Stepped on it and it errored. I got really discouraged by this but when I entered this journey for weight loss it was because I had almost died of a blood infection called Sepsis. I had salmonella in my blood. Therefore, a scale would not stop me. I then put my back out and was unable to exercise any more. I would not let that stop me. Today, Not only is my back out but ive cracked/bruised a rib because of the amount of weight i have to put on my right side due to a slipped disk. I would not let that stop me.

Im here to tell you that regardless of numbers on a machine, I FEEL great, I have gained self confidence, self respect, and self esteem for the first time in my entire life, and I am living an incredibly healthy lifestyle. Yesterday I put my jeans on for the first time in 20 days, I could fit my entire arm down the side of them up to my elbow wich measured about 5 inches wich most would say is equivalent to about 12 pounds.

I am happy, I stopped taking my anti-depressants today. I dont need them anymore.. I cured part of my mental illness on my own without drugs, the ability to care about my happiness and not just others.

All of this within 20 days.

If I can do it, you can do it. I believe in all of you you all have the strength to pull through this.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I support =)

Replies

• pushurlimits
    Options
    A very motivating story how did you do it?,whats your secret anyway congratulations on your achievements keep up the hard work ;).
  • Jenniferlynn212
    Jenniferlynn212 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Well done!
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    It has strictly been just a change of lifestyle and moderation. Going from eating cookies chips pop sausage to eating chicken fish veggies fruit.. and twice a week doing some Aquafit classes =) I do a daily Vlog on youtube and that inspires and motivates others who then tell me and them telling me inspires and motivates me, its a neverending circle of inspiration
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    awesome...you can totally do this! keep it up :happy:
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    *like* Keep it up man! The scale is just a tool, and an irrelevant one many times.
  • aurorasangel2000
    Options
    Great attitude and great inspiration!!! I wish you the absolute best on your journey; with your attitude and mentality, nothing will be able to stop you :wink:
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wtg! That's great!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    you got this!!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Awesome motivation Andy! Yo da man!
  • Sarah_S
    Options
    Wow! Keep up the great attitude! You can do it!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I'm so happy to hear that in this short amount of time your life has seemed to take a turn for the better!! If you hit the next year with this positive attitude and incredible effort, you'll be where you need to be in no time. Weight loss helped me get off of anti depressants as well :) I spent years on all sorts of medication when what I really needed was a damn treadmill :P (that may not be 100% true, haha). Good luck on your journey!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's great! You're right, you don't need a scale to tell you that you are making really positive changes that will, most likely, save your life.
    Go for it!
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    I love when you see the difference in your clothes! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration this morning. :happy:
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    That is awesome. I am glad that you are feeling better about yourself. Congrats on your lifestyle change and weight loss, keep up the good work!
  • jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I started my weight loss journey exactly 20 days ago today. I weigh (Or weighed) Somewhere between 400-440 pounds, I will never know because I bought the highest capacity scale from weight watchers and broke it. Stepped on it and it errored. I got really discouraged by this but when I entered this journey for weight loss it was because I had almost died of a blood infection called Sepsis. I had salmonella in my blood. Therefore, a scale would not stop me. I then put my back out and was unable to exercise any more. I would not let that stop me. Today, Not only is my back out but ive cracked/bruised a rib because of the amount of weight i have to put on my right side due to a slipped disk. I would not let that stop me.

Im here to tell you that regardless of numbers on a machine, I FEEL great, I have gained self confidence, self respect, and self esteem for the first time in my entire life, and I am living an incredibly healthy lifestyle. Yesterday I put my jeans on for the first time in 20 days, I could fit my entire arm down the side of them up to my elbow wich measured about 5 inches wich most would say is equivalent to about 12 pounds.

I am happy, I stopped taking my anti-depressants today. I dont need them anymore.. I cured part of my mental illness on my own without drugs, the ability to care about my happiness and not just others.

All of this within 20 days.

If I can do it, you can do it. I believe in all of you you all have the strength to pull through this.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I support =)

( I will assume your doc said ok to going off the meds:tongue: )

AWESOME!! I have always said the weight loss is a side order to the main course of self confidence. Well, I don't say THAT but yaknowwhatimean:laugh:

Recently I have been prodded to get back to my healthy lifestyle. YOU my friend have just put the last peice of the puzzle in place. Thank You and Happy trails!!

:drinker:
  • she_the
    she_the Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic!

congrats!

Ive got a long way to go as well.. but I find I'm more prepared this time!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So, in 20 days you lost a few pounds out of a total of 200 you may need to lose, and in spite of your ill health, you feel great, so out with the prescribed medication.
    After only 20 days?
    You decided to become your own shrink?
    NOT GOOD!
    Mental illness doesn't just go away just because you drop a few pounds and feel good about it.

You are setting yourself up for a major fall.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options

So, in 20 days you lost a few pounds out of a total of 200 you may need to lose, and in spite of your ill health, you feel great, so out with the prescribed medication.
    After only 20 days?
    You decided to become your own shrink?
    NOT GOOD!
    Mental illness doesn't just go away just because you drop a few pounds and feel good about it.

You are setting yourself up for a major fall.

Agreed!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

While I'm glad you're feeling better, it's never a good idea to just stop taking anti-depressants without a doctor's approval. I hope for your sake you have talked to your doctor about it - otherwise you're most likely going to be experiencing some terrible side-effects. Also, what MaximalLife said is very true, you can't just expect your illness has gone away because you feel better. You still have it, that is, if you were properly diagnosed to begin with. It's not something that gets cured... It is something that has to be monitored and taken responsibility for every day of your life for the rest of your life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!