The Strap

Options
Hi. Hello. How often do you wash the strap to your polar hrm? And how do you wash it? I have an FT7 if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I rinse mine off each time. Not sure if washing powder would damage the sensors on it? Maybe ask on their website?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hi. Hello. How often do you wash the strap to your polar hrm? And how do you wash it? I have an FT7 if that makes a difference. Thanks!

I rinse off each time under running water and wash it in the washing machine around every fifth or sixth use. All to do with the salt from sweat interferring with it if not rinsed off or something.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When mine stopped working recently, Polar told me it would not be warrantied unless it was being washed per their recommendations.

1- Wash by hand after every use.
    2- Machine Wash once a week
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Mild soap and warm water after each use, towel dry. Check your instructions mine said something about machine washing once a week.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I think it depends how much you sweat. I NEVER sweat from anywhere but my head when working out, its weird.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It for sure needs to be washed tonight then!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Machine watch? :\ so just put it in a delicate cycle?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Machine watch? :\ so just put it in a delicate cycle?

I only ever wash anything on a 30 degree cycle anyway and when I put the strap in it is in the "quick" wash which is just 35 minutes cylce.

Put washing powder in but NO softener. I think softener can interfere with the strap or muck it up some way.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I rinse mine after every use, and machine wash on the regular cycle once a week. I don't put it in the dryer, though.
  • bjz82much
    bjz82much Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yes, machine wash delicate.... NO dryer
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I rinse it off every day but I have a back up if I get a little compulsive about it...lol
    I clean it in the washing machine once a week. I also do my WL gloves, and my arm band. I dry the gloves but the strap and the armband don't go through the dryer. I think it may mess up the sensor.

Dont forget to wash your gym bad every once in a while too. Mine is ready for another wash.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    After I work out as soon as I finish. I noticed if I forget the next time I use it- it isn't accurate.