Request to post my story of my 136 pound weight loss.

Options
Now on my profile page

Here is the story of how I loss 134 pounds in three years time. It all started with some terrible night sweats and feeling of heaviness in all parts of my body. I decided to get a check up as I felt I was in real trouble. The doctor said I was fine the only thing was my blood pressure had spiked by about 20 points. I had always had low blood pressure so this spike which was minor for most people really affected my life. I was scared that I would not see much of my 3 year old daughters life or be able to spend my golden years with my wife. With that I set out to correct the problem on my own. Being a big kid in my early years and having loss a great deal of weight in my late teens I knew a change could happen if the motivation was right. I started off cutting fat and sugar to the bare minimum. I've always known sugar and fat are my toughest foes and it was time to go into battle. Shortly there after I would watch a few minutes of Oprah that would change my way of eating forever. I saw a segment on a book call You on a Diet by Dr. Oz. The segment explained the reason why fad diets fail and convinced me that eating foods that burn calories during digestion can change your metabolism and help you lose weight. I eat everything as long as it burn calories. Eat protein make sure its lean. If eating carbos make sure it is high in grain content and complex. I start every morning with a bowl of Cheerios with soy milk. I also eat a great deal of veggies and fruits natural sugar doesn't seem to have the same effect as processed sugars. I do drink a couple glasses of red wines several nights a week . Red wine has been proven to be a insulin inhibitor and a antioxidant. Last but not least I do eat a lot of hot peppers and sauces of every kind. Although this is not for everyone it can peak your metabolism. After I had shed about by 60% of my weight I began exercising as I feel you must shed most of your weight first because your body cannot do two thing at once. Try to add too much exercise to a diet early on is a one way course for failure. If your start your journey very heavy the best exercise walking. Do not remain in active but do not burden your body with a stressful big loser workout plan and trying to lose weight. This works great on TV with professional trainers, dietitians and doctors standing by. I hope this is helpful and feel free to contact me with any questions good luck with your own lost.

For more see my facebook page

www.facebook.com/pitboss59

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!