Friends can be cruel..

Options
Is it just me and my so called friends, when I am sitting eating a low fat dinner or salad etc, they are chomping away on either pizza or some other sort of fast food. Doesn't bother me now as I will have the last laugh with the weight loss.

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    dont worry about anyone else. You will look thin and hot, while they still sit their eating their pizza!

I will say however, dont deprive yourself, as youll find it could result in a massive binge!! If you want a slice of pizza, have the lowest cal slice you can, make sure you log it, then enjoy it. Life shouldnt be about all or nothing.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it was cruel :smile:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say cruel. It doesn't make them less of a friend just because they are eating what they like.

Sure, if they're obese and eating it all the time, you will get the last laugh in the end. They're still your friends though :) Unless they're forcing you to eat badly or sabotaging your weight loss, then I wouldn't think any differently of them.

You can also enjoy pizza in moderation too you know :smile:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean...I was stuck in a car full of fast food last night with my aunt going....just get something, dont you want something, why arent you eating, just have some fries, just have some chicken, just get a salad. I don't know how many times I had to repeat 'I'm NOT eating fast food" It gets totally frustrating when friends and families cant be supportive
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One thing I've learned is that as much as you would love to be a positive influence to your friends, you can't force your lifestyle or diet on anyone else. I have quite a few overweight friends but they choose to be that way. They love to eat and will eat junk in front of me without a second thought. But it's their life, their choice. I've had a few who want me to "help" them and I tell them what they should do. If they sit down with a burger or a plate of chicken parmesean, I won't say a word, just go on eating my salad or whatever it is I'm eating. They know what they're doing. I'm not their mother and I'm not going to lecture them because it'll just piss them off anyway.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I totally know what you mean...I was stuck in a car full of fast food last night with my aunt going....just get something, dont you want something, why arent you eating, just have some fries, just have some chicken, just get a salad. I don't know how many times I had to repeat 'I'm NOT eating fast food" It gets totally frustrating when friends and families cant be supportive

Good for you. Even if you get a salad those fast food salads are loaded with junk.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's cruel at all - you've made this decision for yourself and have no control (and no right to try to control) what others in your life do. If they want to continue with their unhealthy eating, that's entirely up to them. Do this for you, not anyone else.

Have to say though, just because you eat pizza doesn't mean you're gonig to be fat - I, and I know at least a few other members on here, eat pizza on a weekly basis and it hasn't held me back yet. Personal choices...
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    ive been one of those friends - well daughter, i would get chinese food and indian food n scran it in front of my mum. leave them too it and wait till they come to you....
    dont lecture them on whats in what there eating n "do you know how much fat ur eating" because iv had that nagging at me before and it only pssed me off LOL

no- leave your friends to there own devices, if they ever choose to lose weight it will be you they come to for advice... making you there new best friend lol.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I dont think it's too much to ask for some support. Not necessarily asking friends to change and eat healthy, but it would be nice if friends/family would understand and support your decision to be healthier by at least not eating it all the time around you or not pressuring you. Personally I wasnt so much tempted by the fact that oohh there's fast food as I was by everyone is having it and I'm feeling left out. It's a hard thing to say no to that. It made me feel super alone
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it doesn't bother you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    They are attempting to sabotage you! Dump them and make new friends!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You have to let that roll over you.......I eat the items that make me healthy while my friends and family gorge themselves......it really is their option.............we cannot control the people in our lives. Just eat to be healthy for you........:bigsmile:
  • Veloyellow
    Options
    I don't eat with my friends, I workout with my friends. Works best for both of us!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    It's all about choices, not about cruelty or even about having the last laugh, if you ask me.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I get the opposite, I get someone (family mostly) who says "Can you eat that??" Uggh so annoying. I think people get in mindsets of diet food and gosh at some point in my life I'm going to eat a piece of pizza or a cookie and it's okay, it doesn't mean I'm a failure and it's not going to derail my entire eating plan. It's all about moderation.

Watching other people eat something like pizza if I eat a salad doesn't bother me, mainly because I eat what I want, so if I choose to eat a salad, I'm going to enjoy the crap out of that thing. HA!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I understand. It upsets me when everyone doesn't want to eat what I'm eating too. I mean, I don't understand why we can't all have the exact same goals and intentions. By we, I mean everyone in the world. One day I WILL have everyone under my spell. One day!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    They eat yummy food in front of you not because they enjoy it but because they're JEALOUS!!!!!
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That's not cruel at all. Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean they also have to be. If you were eating pizza would it still be rude? Nope. You eat what you want and let them eat what they want.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am very lucky, those I generally eat with are Harley Riders, they love their food but they have put up with me being gluten free, even sometimes choosing a different restaurant so I can get something to eat. Now that I'm dieting too, they rock the supportive team and tell other people I'm the incredible shrinking woman, lol. They're like a bunch fo proud parents, lol. Love my Harley Riders.
  • CY21
    CY21 Posts: 4
    Options
    But in the end you made the right healty choice. You will have to make the healty choice everyday for rest of your life. Right? So I wouldn't call it cruel. It is a lifestyle and the more you eat healthy the less fast food etc will tempt you. It will be no big deal. So eventually you will have to face that situation. I personally do not mind what people eat in front of me. I will take my water and grilled chicken and veggies and they can have JUNK! In the end I am the winner:) try to look it that way and it bother you. And seriously who wants JUNK in their body. It makes you feel terrible afterwards! good luck on your journey!