Super Bowl - What will you be serving?

Options
124»

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm not cooking for the gme since I'll be wAtching it alone, but a friend of mine is making a pineapple fruit dip that sounds aaamazing, served with fresh fruit and berries.

1 box sugar free vanilla pudding (just the powder)
    1 regular size tub of fat free sour cream
    1 can crushed pineapple drained
    1/2 cup coconut flakes

Apparently you just mix, chill, and try not to eat the whole bowl. lol I will say, I have not tried it, but I can't wait to!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Pineapple fruit dip sounds yummy!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm only reading this thread to see who's house I need to crash on Sunday.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Chili made with ground turkey,mushrooms, chick peas, kidney beans and lots of veggies!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm only reading this thread to see who's house I need to crash on Sunday.

:laugh:

I'm Canadian, so this is entirely the wrong cup. However Sundays are my cheat/spike/free day so I will be om nomnoming some delicious white cheddar popcorn that has my name on it!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Im making blue cupcakes with and frosting them with giants symbols ..taking em to w.e party I end up at..im sure the guys will be more then happy to inhale some homemade cupcakes ;)
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    SuperBowlSnax.jpg

What is everyone planning on having for the Super Bowl? Will you make it a cheat? I'm tired of the usual veggies & dip... I'm leaning towards stuffed mushrooms & jalapenos... or maybe a stadium made out of sandwiches & junk food...

Thanks!

have you checked out skinnytaste.com today??? Spinach and bacon stuffed mushrooms. ;)
  • krnlcsf
    Options
    Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is what I was thinking...has anyone tried it? Is it good?

Veggie trays with Laughing Cow cheeses are always a good option, or any of the traditional dips (like spin/artichoke dip) can be made healthier if served with veggies instead of breads or chips

if its anything like its UNskinny sister (with whole fat everything, including ranch dressing) its TO DIE FOR!!! literally you can't stop eating it. i do find it very salty though, from the Frank's I think. But my goodness, DELISH!
  • ahyland1
    ahyland1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    SuperBowlSnax.jpg

What is everyone planning on having for the Super Bowl? Will you make it a cheat? I'm tired of the usual veggies & dip... I'm leaning towards stuffed mushrooms & jalapenos... or maybe a stadium made out of sandwiches & junk food...

Thanks!
    Where on earth did you find that? That's crazy interesting! I love it!
  • krnlcsf
    Options

Tell me more about this Pickle Dip...
    [/quote]

In the land of Minnesota peeps like their pickle wraps, pickles wrapped in cream cheese and salami etc...soo pickle dip is all of these wrap ingredients in a dip:

jar of dill pickles cut up
    2 blocks of cream cheese softened
    salami/ham...meat of your choice
    Blend with a Stand-up mixer add pickle juice when blending - let sit about an hour or so
    serve with crackers, pretzels, on bread (yes I have a friend that eats pickle dip sammwiches (as we call them))
    [/quote]

that sounds incredibly wierd, but somehow also very delicious! I have always been a dill pickle fan (first solid food when I was a teething baby actually)... and as I got older it just seemed natural to wrap a pickle with a slice of cheddar cheese and a salami... or all of these ingredients as a sandwich so that my family didn't look at me so strangely. I think you're definitely onto something here with the cream cheese, and calling it a dip!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am going to log what I eat that day for sure! I will eat a lighter breakfast so I can save my calories for the evening "feast"- however we are having hotdogs, tots and fries, chili, cheese ball and crackers, chips and dip and some sort of dessert. Someone else is bringing the chili so I will have NO IDEA what the calories will be for that so my plan is to stir clear of the chili- it won't settle very well with me anyways. I am getting the rest so I will know the calories for those. I am not using it as a "cheat day" however if I go over on my calories I am not going to worry too much about it. Plan on enjoying good game with good company and good superbowl food! Not going to shove it in and make myself sick, but just having a good time!
  • mindymaher
    Options
    Have the Turkey Chili, but instead of the chips and cheese try a Vitatop Corn Muffin. Its fantastic..
  • jyls
    jyls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    great ideas!
  • mindymaher
    Options
    Oh this will for sure be my cheat day for the week ;) Probably going to be serving my spinach dip with tortilla chips. Spinach, cream cheese, rotel, tomato, onion, garlic, cheddar, half n half, and mont. jack cheese with a few dashes of tobasco all thrown in a crockpot of goodness :)

edit - Oh...and Giants win 37-24 ;)
  • mindymaher
    Options
    Oh this will for sure be my cheat day for the week ;) Probably going to be serving my spinach dip with tortilla chips. Spinach, cream cheese, rotel, tomato, onion, garlic, cheddar, half n half, and mont. jack cheese with a few dashes of tobasco all thrown in a crockpot of goodness :)

edit - Oh...and Giants win 37-24 ;)

I totally agree with the score of the game, but go to Skinnytaste.com and get her recipe for Spinach dip.. it looks awesome and way less calories than your version. :-) Skinnytaste.com has amazing recipes that are what you want to eat but without the guilt
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    I don't do cheat days but I may spend some extra time on the treadmill that morning! haha!

That's how I do it too :P
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Nothing - I have non-Superbowl plans that day, and plan on eating regularly the entire day.
  • PiersonsWifey
    PiersonsWifey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE list of things we're making, but I better not post here because NONE of them are good for you! LOL! We go ALL OUT every super bowl, even more than the holidays. I'm just going to take it easy on the food though since I'm SURE I'll be drinking the stress away! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    One of my FB freinds posted the stadium pic and I just had to pass it on - I have no idea where it came from!

I am definitely going to try the Skinny stuffed mushrooms.. sound yummy!
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    All great recipes for a person with no snacking self control! Thanks for all the tips!