Exercise is so boring.

Options
1235»

Replies

• JAS112
    Options
    Have you thought about getting a personal trainer? I definitely love mine and she is sure to always kick my butt and keep me going!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    All ive done is walk. Its not that its too easy. I listen to music but walking isnt fun. I want to be able to exercise and have so much fun doing it that i cant wait to do it again.

The ONLY exercise I've EVER felt this way about is Zumba. Everything else I just suck it up and plug in my iPod to distract me.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like to alternate different things so I don't get bored, sometimes I go swimming, or gym (with music or audio books for entertainment), just a walk round the block, a cycle to the shops, Zumba or Tae Bo in front of my TV, and recently I've started doing classes, Aquafit on Monday and Body Balance this Thursday :-) I used to also include things like Badminton and Bowling as there's nothing like a bit of competition to make things interesting, although unfortunately I can't do those anymore because of my Arthritis.

Whenever I've tried just one thing though I get bored and make excuses not to do it and eventually give in, so I think variety is the key, keep things interesting :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If it's boring then do something else. There are endless ways to exercise. Keep trying different things unles you find something you enjoy.

I like a lot of different types of exercise, but the most fun for me are Zumba and hiking. The Wii exercise games (Zumba, Fit, Just Dance, etc.) are pretty fun. Bike riding is pretty fun too. But everyone is different. Find something you like because that's what you will stick with.
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    "Ditch the workout, join the party"! HONESTLY! Try Zumba. It won't disappoint. If you can't afford it, make cuts in other areas. I know that sounds ridiculous, but, it's true. I cut $25 a week out of grocery bill by couponing and planning my meals around the circular and every single penny I save goes toward Zumba. It is worth it.