30 Day Shred good enough alone?

Options
Do you think 30 day shred is a good enough work out to get good results in the 30 days or should I do something else with it as well? I want the best results i can get in 30 days!!!
thanks!!!! :)

Replies

• layliffe
    Options
    would be interested to know the answer to this
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    I'm doing the shred alone and I'm having really good results (9 days left). I think the really amazing results where people have a 6 pack at the end and such they supplement with more cardio, but you will definitely lose inches and look and feel better either way! I've lost 6 inches overall in 21 days.

Do it, it's so worth it!
  • ashmaster1488
    ashmaster1488 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just finished the shred. I only did the shred (and ate right), I didn't do anything else; I lost 14lbs and 4inches on my body in 30days. It's a noticable difference. But I was also wayyyyyyyyyyy outta shape. Next time I do the shred I will probably add more cardio because I feel like I have more stamina, but since this was my first time I thought just the shred was good enough.
  • monkeynutser
    monkeynutser Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can someone please tell me if I should be doing 30 day shred even though I have 2 stone to lose? should I stick to cardio first and then do it when I lose a bit more weigh? Will my fat turn to muscle?
    I am also doing a 3 mile walk every day?

thanks for your help
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'v done the 30-Day Shred and Ripped in 30: they are FANTASTIC alone, but if you really want some great results, I'd advise you to go for at least a 30-minute walk every day immediately after the workout. Increase your pace as time goes on, but just get out there and walk. It's a simple addition with excellent results! It'll help burn off fat faster. Good luck!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    If you don't have much weight to lose and want to tone and are ok living on a 1200-1350 cal diet MAX then its fine by itself. If you need more cals or have weight to lose add cardio at least 30 min a day.
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    I think it all depends on you. When I first started my weight loss journey it would have been enough on it's own. Now, I am close to the end of my journey (last 8lbs) and I need more than just that so I usually mix in another 30-60 minutes of cardio. Now that I am in better shape it just doesn't feel like enough of a workout. If you are trying to tone more...you might want to mix in a few days of more weight training.
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think its a good tool but for me personally, I have developed some other fitness goals beyond doing any one dvd for weight loss (i.e. running). There is no doubt though from the testimonials here that folks are getting good results.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I hope it's enough.
    I had planned to do 45 mins of zumba along with 30DS every day but my legs are so sore and stiff that I phyically can't.

I can barely walk. Maybe when the pain eases off.
  • grannynickel
    grannynickel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'v done the 30-Day Shred and Ripped in 30: they are FANTASTIC alone, but if you really want some great results, I'd advise you to go for at least a 30-minute walk every day immediately after the workout. Increase your pace as time goes on, but just get out there and walk. It's a simple addition with excellent results! It'll help burn off fat faster. Good luck!

I love this advise! I started it yesterday and after drinking two glasses of water and eating a tub of yogurt I fell into a 3-hour nap. I don't want that to happen again as I was up until 4 a.m. Getting ready to do the Shred again and this is a great tip for me!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 day 10. So tomorrow begins the last level. I see a small difference in my stomach and arms, but not a scale difference. I think there needs to be extra cardio along with it. Everyone has unique results though. I'm following a 1200-1250 cal meal plan.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I hope it's enough.
    I had planned to do 45 mins of zumba along with 30DS every day but my legs are so sore and stiff that I phyically can't.

I can barely walk. Maybe when the pain eases off.
  • musicbean30
    musicbean30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the shred this January. It is tough and not easy -- which I think the previous posts fail to mention. When I enter my shred meals into MFP it consistently says it's too few calories. So I always supplement with a few extra.

Anyways, back to the point, the 30 day shred (and Jillian stresses this in her book) is for people wanting to lose those extra 5-15 pounds. She states, if you have more than that to lose, you need to start with one of her other programs that gradually help you get into shape.

So yes, I would definitely say, stick to lighter weights and cardio to lose another stone and then start the shred. Or, don't do the hard version of the exercises on the video -- do the beginner exercises! And the 3-mile walk everyday is great! Keep doing it!

Also, no, Fat does not turn into muscle. Fat gets "eaten up" in simple terms. Your muscles use energy and fuel to get stronger while your fat gets eaten up. So it may seem that your fat is turning into muscle, but really, your fat is going away and your muscles are getting stronger.
  • tubesock77
    Options
    i keep seeing things about this 30 day shred................i must have missed the original post. Can someone let me know what this is or where i can get the info from? Thanks!!
  • musicbean30
    musicbean30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30-day shred. It's one of her videos.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have done her 30 day shred alone and loved it, I didnt see a lot of weight drop off in the month but I saw tons of toning. I am now doing her Ripped in 30 dvd and have just started her 30 day meal plan to go with it. I would suggest going with a combo of her workout and a healthy meal plan and see how you do, I also do a half hour of pilates after my workout just to stay lose and limber and stretch my muscles out a bit more!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm starting that next week, but I'm going to do it in addition to my 7 trips to the gym a week...I go twice some days. I'm hoping it'll help me shake things up so I'm losing again...
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I did 30 day shred by itself. Lost my first 10 lbs from doing it. I was even doing the simplified one due to knee issues.

here's a video of the 30 day shred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJcM93v9AY
  • kimmyj7167
    Options
    Its a Jillian Michael's DVD i gogoled it and watched some things on youtube. I am so excited to start it today after work : )
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I just started the shred (Im on day 2) other than eating low carb and a max of 1400 calories a day the only other exercise I plan on doing is walking, I walk for 60 mins a day.. It breaks down like this- 15 min break at work walk, Lunch hour walk for 30 mins, 15 min break at work walk.. I walk about 3+ miles a day. i like walking because you can go for a short brisk walk or a long steady walk. Maybe try walking on the weekends for thirty minutes it can only help with your stamina :-) Good Luck with your shred results!!