Shakes,Smoothies, and other things

Options
Hi there,
I have been actively trying to seek out a good recipe for a smoothie... something i can have in the morning.
quick and easy is best... i dont' really like protein shakes.. so i am hoping to find something i can make with fruit, yogurt, etc.
any recipes out there would help:)
thanks

Replies

• brigheyes
    Options
    2% milk ice bananas, truvia for sweetner add strawberries and blend till thick... I substitute these for meals when I am hungry.... works for me... I also add protein but it you don't like it then this should work... you can also do peaches, mangos etc. Good luuck
  • Janel1978
    Janel1978 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like 1 cup of frozen mixed berries, 1/2 bananna, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup apple juice. This is my absolute favorite!!
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy.
  • KristenSides
    KristenSides Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I fill about half my blender with frozen fruit, then add a cup of yogurt (whatever flavor you prefer). I then add a splash of juice (I usually use orange juice but you can use whatever juice you like) then blend and you're done!!! It's really good and adding the frozen fruit gives it the smoothie consistency without it being watered down by ice :)
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    OK, I do this one often:

1 banana
    scoop of blueberries
    1 cup LF vanilla yogurt
    1 ounce of walnuts

Some days I might add FRESH coconut.

Blend it with ice til smooth. YUMMY.
  • andreajorg
    Options
    I know you said you don't typically like protein shakes, but this is the one I make and I love it...

1 cup 2% milk
    1 scoop of 100% Whey Protein
    1 med frozen banana (sliced)
    1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
    1 cup (give or take) baby spinach leaves

I usually have one after my morning boot camp and it will literally keep me full until dinner time.
  • bernfeld
    Options
    1 cup papaya
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1 kiwi

I put them all in the freezer the night before and blended them with some water. Vitamin C is supposed to boost your metabolism, so I used fruits that are high in vitamin C. It's only 142 calories. I had long a long with an egg.

1 frozen banana
    .5 cup greek yogurt
    drizzle of honey
    Ice
    cinnamon
    2 tbsp wheat germ

blend and enjoy it is SO good

not really a smoothie but i really enjoy banana ice cream! simply freeze a banana and add either, 1 TBS peanut butter, 1 TBS nutella, or just some coco powder. Blend it in a food processor and it make great "ice cream"
  • JLA5
    JLA5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi:) My husband really likes the french vanilla slim fast with 1%milk and a banana(it's good). I like to make smoothies with yoplait or fage yogart, 1%milk, little honey, and frozen mangos, sometimes add other berries or nanas, or even pineapple juice(so good). Hope these help, have fun blending:)
  • duncanryan
    duncanryan Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This will make close to 32 oz, but my wife and I split it so that's why we make so much. Pretty simple.

2 Cups strawberries
    1 Cup blueberries
    2 Cups Slik Pure Almond Milk

I used to add granola to it, which is also really good, but have stopped doing so because I'm trying to cut calories a little more.
  • bekool
    Options
    I use the Magic Bullet:

1 Banana
    4-5 Strawberries
    Pineapple Slices
    OJ
    Ice

Blend and Enjoy!
  • Jamie2007
    Options
    1/4 cup plain chobani
    4 oz. apple juice
    4 oz. water
    1/2 banana
    1/2 strawberries
    Oh, so good!
  • TomehToxic
    Options
    300ml Fresh orange juice

Ram some strawberries, berries and blueberries and all the berries in there!

Taste = amazing :3
  • DDsMrs
    DDsMrs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lots of good recipes on here. Here's one to try:

1 scoop of whey protein powder, i like chocolate
    6 oz of light yogurt, strawberry banana
    8 0z of almond milk

Mix, drink, and enjoy!
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    I know you said you don't typically like protein shakes, but this is the one I make and I love it...

1 cup 2% milk
    1 scoop of 100% Whey Protein
    1 med frozen banana (sliced)
    1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
    1 cup (give or take) baby spinach leaves

I usually have one after my morning boot camp and it will literally keep me full until dinner time.

I make this same thing but use unsweetened almond milk and add a heaping scoop of Flax Seed.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do this one every day in my magic blender.

EAS 100% Whey vanilla (tastes like vanilla ice cream) - 1 scoop = 130 calories and 23 grams of protein
    1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk = 20 calories
    40-50 grams of blueberries = 20 calories
    ice

Tastes like bluberrry ice cream. I've experimented with different protein powders and some of them are truly nasty. I've found this particular one to be the best tasting.
  • abookreader2
    abookreader2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    these sound great!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE: 2 Tbsp. Hershey's cocoa powder, "sufficient amount of sweetener" I am a fan of Trader Joe's stevia and use a couple of shakes of that, 1 cup of berries, 1/2 cup of "milk" (regular, soy, almond, rice), fresh or frozen if you want this cold, 1 small banana, 1 tbsp of ground flax seed, and 3 oz of fresh spinach (about 3 cups). All I taste is chocolate banana and it is SO good for you! Please be open minded and give it a try! I am hooked!! I love healthy living!
  • hkussatz
    Options
    If you like pb and bananas
    1/2 c, plain oatmeal (otional, tastes GREAT and really fills you up!)
    1 c. milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp. peanut butter
    Blend it all! (if you use oatmeal blend that FIRST by its self then add the other ingredients)

OR

Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
    1 c. strawberries
    1 frozen banana
    1/2 c. oatmeal
    splash of vanilla extract
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    bump