Planet Fitness

Options
Anyone here go???

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I either go here or to my gym at work! I like planet fitness , but I do wish they had more as far as weight training goes and more space for stretching. Can't complain with the low price I pay though! The staff is always friendly and the place is always clean :)
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of Planet Fitness. You can't beat the price and they have everything I need. :)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness is great for me. However of late i haven't gone, in this funk mode. It is cheap and it is spotless. No one makes fun of you. The machines are great for me. The only downsize is their lack of classes, but many towns offer Zumba. and other fitness programs fo a small fee.
  • carignaj
    Options
    I have a membership here, it's great for the price. I don't end up feeling guilty when I don't make it there, since it's only $10 a month. I use this gym though as a filler because I do more class / group classes outside of the gym (I find them to be much more enjoyable)
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    St Augustine FL,,,,

love it in the day and afternoon...thats when the people who should be there are there....from 6 or 7pm they have the little cute 18 year olds who are there and have nothing to offer but attitude....go figure,...and i mean mostly female ones.....

but overall a great place...my son just joined for $1 ....... it will be great to have him workout with me.....

good luck
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just joined last month and really like it.. I've been to Curves and a couple of other gyms in the past and so far, I have to say, I like this one the best. Low prices, available machines, available trainers, etc. Good price/good value.
  • amwill1
    amwill1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a membership here, it's great for the price. I don't end up feeling guilty when I don't make it there, since it's only $10 a month. I use this gym though as a filler because I do more class / group classes outside of the gym (I find them to be much more enjoyable)

That is my exact thoughts! It is not too much to pay even if I skip it and instead go elsewhere to take classes. I love Zumba and Turbo Kick and feel bored on an eliptical machine now but I keep the membership for those days when I just need to get in a workout and don't have time to make it to class or it doesn't fit in my schedule.
  • ttate002
    Options
    I go in Jacksonville, FL. It's extremely cheap $10.70/month. There are no group fitness classes, the gym is small, and everybody can see what you're doing at all times. The facilities are clean, the staff is nice, and the patrons seem like regular people that want to get healthy. There are no extreme body builders and very slim girls with sports bras and biker shorts on. LOL! There's basic equipment: treadmills, arc trainer, ellipticals, stationary bikes, and several weight machines and free weights. I don't like the fact there are no old fashioned weight benches where I can do some squats. I don't really know how to work those newer type weight benches. There's also a 30 minute express circuit where you can get cardio and weights in. It has massage chairs and tanning. I would go just for the tanning (if I tanned). I like it, I don't need all the frills.
  • brandts
    Options
    I go, I really like it. My neighbor just joined and we go at least 3 nights a week. More if we can. You can't beat the price.
  • Bazzy72
    Options
    I have been going since November starting at three days a week now up to five days a week. What does your workout consist of??
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    **** that gym franchise. =\
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Anyone here go???

Yep, have been a member for almost a year.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's just another gym! LOL
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    **** that gym franchise. =\

lol...i'm so tempted by their $10/month membership but i keep seeing this type of response when I ask others about them. I also hear a lot about "banned lifts" which is no good either.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I go to planet fitness because it's cheap and they have all the equipment I need.

The whole "judgement free zone" crap really bothers me though. They are placing judgement on the type of people they don't want in their gym and it's super annoying. Some of the best gyms I've ever been in were "meat head gyms." I think they need to chill out with that campaign a little bit....
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

/\/\/\/\/\/\ This!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

At the time of signing up, it was cheaper up front ($40 compared to $75) to sign on for the year contract, about $22 a month. Honestly, probably the best decision I made. $10/month? I could easily go "I don't feel like it". $22? Takes it up a notch to say I'm going at least twice a week to run. Once I build my gym confidence, I may do a training session or two there.

Didn't care too much about the group classes....:blushing: I make too big of a fool of myself, I do those things at home!:blushing:
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i lift things up and put them daown
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    I do. The membership I have is $20, which allows you to bring someone everyday if you want, free access to massage chairs, tanning and red light therapy (whatever that is). My location is really big and really clean.

They don't have classes, but my location does do group fitness with the machines and a trainer will work with you to create a custom program for you.

I don't mind their commercials (but I work in marketing), but I think it's funny that they do a pizza night once a month and give out tootsie rolls at the counter! It's a GYM for godssake! LOL
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yup i go there