Green Tea?

Options
Hi everyone :)
Dos anyone here drink green tea? If so, do you put anything in it like sugar or whatever? I never really drank tea & I want to start now because it's healthy for you..
Also any suggestions of brand names I can buy?

Thanks!

Replies

• ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    All I drink is green tea and water. My fav is Lipton Mandoran Orange Green Tea. Doesn't need any sugar.
  • fitnesslane
    Options
    i drink the Lipton Green Tea with Citrus and LOVE it.
  • Mrslenny251
    Mrslenny251 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depends what country you are in? I buy Twinnings green tea and have a little bit of acacia honey instead of sugar - takes the edge off

Hope that helps : )
  • Mama_cc
    Mama_cc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love the brand Yogi tea. I drink the Green Tea Energy for a super pick-me-up in my afternoons- unsweetened because I am counting those pesky sugar grams. Whole Foods has Yogi brand, as does Kroger.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink green tea often, especially green tea from Tetley or Clipper.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    As I write this I'm drinking black tea, which is great for you as well, I drink green tea also but I drink them plain with nothing in it. No milk, no sugar, just the tea bag. Its an acquired taste but you get used to it.
  • Cjgodess101
    Options
    I really don't like to drink tea, does anyone know of a good suppliment for green tea? My metabolism seems to be really slow, so I'm hoping to speed it up a little.
  • casssssssiandra
    Options
    Depends what country you are in? I buy Twinnings green tea and have a little bit of acacia honey instead of sugar - takes the edge off

Hope that helps : )

I live in Canada, ON.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea at least 3 times a day. I actually make it home made, place it in a picture with sliced lime, no sugar or honey and it's pretty good
  • yahsbride
    Options
    Lipton Green Tea is good, I drink it from time to time and use honey and lemon (just a touch each) it is very good for you.
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    Options
    I drink brew loose leaf easy green tea. I really like it I don't put anything in it but if you aren't a fan of the taste there are lots of varieties of green tea infusions which have mint tastes etc.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I love Green Tea. Lately I've been drinking Tetley Mint Green Tea. It's pretty good! I don't add anything to it, just water :)
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I really LOVE Starbucks Tazo Thrive Green Tea, :drinker: with a few drops of peppermint stevia. Yum!
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I really don't like green tea but have heard so many great things about it. I make a cup of it, cool it and add it instead of juice to my morning fruit smoothy. You can barely taste it but still get all the goodness.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup of coffee in the am, and then the rest of the day I drink Green Tea, usually 3 cups. I drink loose green tea purchased in Asian markets (Japanese green tea); or I buy "Mighty Leaf" Green tea, or Haiku Sencha (organic Japanese green tea). I drink it straight up. I like the Haiku Sencha better than the Mighty Leaf. However, you will find Mighty Leaf more readily available at the grocers.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Love love love green tea. Love white tea and black tea too! My normal favorite is tazo tea and i like the one they have at starbucks for their green tea. i think it's lemongrass and spearmint. I also just got a new tazo tea called Berryblossom white. Another good one is like a lipton tea and it's called something like Bavarian mixed berry. I like to do like a half glass in hot water with 1/2 packet stevia (NOT an artificial sweetner, but still 0 calories and doesn't taste bad at all if you add the right amount). Let it steep until it's pretty dark for a few mins, then fill the rest of the glass with ice. Yumm!!!
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    P.S. If you aren't used to drinking green tea or lots of caffeine, be careful starting with the green tea thing. It has caffeine content and if you drink too much can cause a headache
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Twinnings ftw
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking a tall mug of green tea as I type this!!! I switched from 2 cups of coffee with cream/sugar daily to 5-6 cups of straight hot green tea after a vacation to China last October. I noticed Chinese people drinking green tea throughout the day and for the most part, they were very slim and in great health. The transition from coffee to tea was an easy one for me as I like the taste of green tea. I'll occasionally stop at Dunkin Donuts for a small coffee, maybe once a month. I've tried many brands and flavors of green tea - the ones with citrus and mandarin are very good. I also have found it to be an appetite suppressant - definitely a bonus!

Off topic but another thing that intrigued me was the way the Chinese people eat. 90% of their daily diet consists of fruits/veggies/rice, etc with less than 10% meat. Our tour guide told us she hardly ever eats fat and if I gave her some cheese, she wouldn't know what to do with it!?!? She was also in great shape, low body fat, very healthy....and a very nice person.

I learned a ton about healthy living from the Chinese! I hope some of the lessons learned carry on for the rest of my life.

ps: I don't mind a weak tea - and don't like tons of caffeine - so I tend to recycle my tea bags a couple times. During a typical eight hour day at the office I probably only use 2-3 tea bags for 6-7 tall mugs of tea.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yep. Right now drinking Bigelow Green with lemon. I do not use sugar ever in my tea.

I also bought me Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger. Hot tea is great for a "snack" esp. in the winter.