Workout DVD's

Options
Can someone help me with calculating my calorie burn when I'm doing a work out DVD? I want to do Leslie Sansones Woman's Walk and I can't figure out how many calories I would burn. :smile: Thanks!

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It will never be 100% accurate using MFP, but maybe try logging as aerobics? I would invest in a HRM. Then you have a much more accurate view, as I found MFP is very generous with calories burnt!!
  • cassi_johan
    cassi_johan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...what is an HRM? I was thinking about getting that Fitbit. Have you heard anything about those?
  • KaciPatricia
    Options
    HRM is a heart rate monitor, but nicola0000 is right. i've tried loggin workout dvds with MFP and it just really doesn't help. THE HRM should though. I am not familiar with a fitbit
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Invest in a HRM (heart rate monitor) with a chese strap to get an accruate reading on how many calories you burn. :smile: I love mine and it was the best $60 I've spend! I got a Polar FT4.
  • cassi_johan
    cassi_johan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So a heart rate monitor will tell me how many calories I burn? Sorry I sound so stupid you guys. I just want to make sure I'm doing all this right. I want to try the 30 Day Shred so I really want to be accurate.